ANY ONE GOT ANY FEED BACK??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

STRESSED DAD

ANY ONE GOT ANY FEED BACK??

Post by STRESSED DAD »

HI EVERY ONE,ANY BODY GOT ANY FEED BACK ON THE SECOND PAPER??
tryingtostaycalm

Today's paper

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

My son is deemed to be well able to pass. His teacher actually said "If R doesn't pass, God help the rest". He thought the first paper was fine and finished in time, having guessed just two. Today he said that he found 6 of the maths type questions very difficult and went back to them, guessing his answers. Maths is his best subject and his predicted SATS grade for next spring is 5.8 (extremely high). I am sad to say I always take great consolation in the fact that others found it hard too, and R said that all his schoolmates found this paper more difficult.

We (and he) are desperate for him to gain a place at Wirral. I am sure he will remain his usual calm self but how on earth do us parents get through the next three months!
wirralnumbers

2ND PAPER

Post by wirralnumbers »

Daughter's view was harder than the 1st one

Post by Guest »

strangely ny daughter thought this paper was easier by quite a way. she didn't manage her time well in the first paper nad had to guess about 6 answers-this time only had to guess two.
BUT-who knows?
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

My daughter said she thought that it was easier than the first paper but that she had to guess on 2 questions. She thought the actual question types were more difficult on the first paper but then I suppose it depends on whch type of question they prefer! Also during the first paper she had a stinking cold/cough.
Going out to eat now at restaurant of her choice (Chiquitos) and will not mention the 11 plus. just got to wait until March now for results/places, etc....
Wil be nice not to see VR for a while now!

Post by Guest »

my son said the test was much easier today than last week. No problems with the maths.
He said he finished with about 10 Minutes to check over his work..

Very positive about it now..

just the long wait.. :cry:
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi,

My son thought today's test was easier than last week, but also guessed at two questions like others (same two?).

It would seem that some children prefer different question types and this is maybe why one paper seems more difficult than the other. We were talking to a girl coming out of Wirral Girls this morning and she thought last weeks was easier.

My son has just said that he felt less nervous and more confident today so felt that the paper was easier. Who knows?

Roll on March and good luck to everybody.

Scatshouse.
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

All fixed for you guest..

AM
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

My son also said it was slightly easier than last week,more maths type questions ,which he prefers.He said they were 2 hard questions which he took a good while to work out and only had 2 mins at the end after checking.

He too seemed more confident and fairly sure that he'd done ok,

Good luck to you all
it's a long wait till March,am I right in assuming it's Tues 4th we find out?

Scatshouse ,is your son applying for Wirral or Caldy,mines Caldy ,can't remember what you've posted !!
Talk Soon Pensby :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now