Loreto categories

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

onthebrink

Loreto categories

Post by onthebrink »

Hi,

my DD passed for Loreto but we are Category 5 (I think!!), does anyone know what the chances of admission are for a cat 5 girl? (think RC but out of area)
yunny

Re: Loreto categories

Post by yunny »

Hi, my dd passed too but we are cat 8!!! :shock: does anybody know if any cat 8 girls have been admitted, ever? :roll: :shock:
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

is that non RC? def know that there have been non-baptised RC's but not sure from which year...help needed please!!!!
yunny

Post by yunny »

hi otb, yes non cath and ooa so just don't know what to put on the caf form!!! I desperately need advice!! :roll: :?
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Here's the cat list. In the draft version there were the 8 categories, however final version is actually 7.

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/s ... policy.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I posted theses links on another thread but may be useful as it states the application outcomes - years 2013/14 

http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/sc ... r-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2014 entry pg 108)

http://legacy.trafford.gov.uk/education ... 0FINAL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2013 entry pg 118)

Regarding Loreto...
As you can tell it seems all eligible cat 7 (NC but baptised of another denomination) got in 2013 entry but for 2014 entry not even all cat 5 got in. Of course I don't know about appeals so more/all cat 5's could have got in on appeal. I do know birth rates had some bearing on those two entry years. My only advice is if it really is a first choice put it down as such and wait and see. One thing I have learnt from this 11 plus process is you never can predict outcomes.

Good luck x
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

Well done for Loreto. We are in a similar position for St Ambrose. DS passed Sale and Ambrose and desperately wants Ambrose, he loved it at the open day.
We live within a mile of St Ambrose but are not RC. I have phoned St Ambrose to get an idea if we have any chance but I got the impression there was not much hope. Apparently there have been lots that have passed this year. Not really sure what to put on CAF and time is ticking on!
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

there seem to be 2 differen
t versions of the 2015 admissions policy for Loreto. can anyone shed any light? 1 has 8 categories and the other only has 7. I am very confused.
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

righto, they have removed the old category 4 (from the admissions policy) which was ''RC Baptised girls at Catholic primary schools' (not the feeder schools - they are still cat 3) so the new cat 4 is 'any RC baptised girl'. The oversubscription policy will then refer to the scores. So regardless of where you live, Altrincham or Stockport, the higher the score the better the chances of securing a place. That's how I am understanding it now! Sorry to procrastinate!!!
yunny

Post by yunny »

what if non c and ooa but with a high score? :roll:
onthebrink

Post by onthebrink »

well Yunny, there is no OOA is there? and as for the non RC...I honestly don't know....but will keep fingers crossed for you. What did your DD get? x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now