Geography GCSE

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2ndtimetrek

Geography GCSE

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

I am in desperate need for help with Geography GCSE.

My DD appears to struggle with Geography and will be grateful for advice and directions to any resource that would help.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2ndtimetrek
Guest55

Re: Geography GCSE

Post by Guest55 »

Find out which exam board and syllabus it is first.

Past exam papers and examiners reports are good starting points.

Has she asked her teacher for help?
2ndtimetrek

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

Thanks Guest55,

I will find out when she is back from sch today. Unfortunately, mocks are immediately after half term.

With regards to asking the teacher for help, he is new and has not started on the right footing with DD as he misplaced her notes that includes yr10 and part yr11 work. So communication is a bit thin for now.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You might find the information on the school website. Once you know the syllabus you could look for a revision guide; try the local library before buying anything.

I found some fantastic websites for a friend's daughter with all the case studies in her syllabus so do post again and we can help you further.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Sure we can help if you post the board. My DS found past papers more help than anything last summer for his end of yr10 exams.
2ndtimetrek

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

Thanks Guest55 & Doodles. Her school's Geography exam board is Edexcel Geography B
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

jump onto their website and download the subject specification; it will also list any past papers too. The school should provide the code number of the syllabus being taught, its usually a 4 digit number.
I print out the subject syllabus and then tick off what has been taught. Its a good way of knowing what is still left to teach by the school and I can make up any inherent weakness. Good luck.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I just googled 'Edexcel GCSE Geography B revision notes' and found some useful stuff from school websites.

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gcse/gcse0 ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2ndtimetrek

Post by 2ndtimetrek »

Thank you and thank you so much Guest55, doodles & Sbarnes. I am on it as i type this. already on edexcel site.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

We are with AQA and revising this half term using the text book provided. There is a big gap between what is taught at school and text book content. Cross reference the text book with the syllabus and it makes for a good revision session. Move to past papers as the final cherry on the cake.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now