Tiffins

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
somelikeme

Tiffins

Post by somelikeme »

HOW DID BOYS AND GIRLS FIND TIFFIN 11+ TEST TODAY 4/12/07?
SunlampVexesEel

Re: TIFFINS

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

somelikeme wrote:HOW DID BOYS AND GIRLS FIND TIFFIN 11+ TEST TODAY 4/12/07?
How did it go for yours?

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
notayummymummy

tiffins

Post by notayummymummy »

My son found non-verbal (his forte) harder than the one's he practised on and didn't finish paper (did some random answers at the end).

Overall him and his mates seemed to have about 10 Q's unanswered when they called time on non-verbal and about 5 on verbal.

How did everyone else's son find it? I would love to hear some post match analysis. Though not sure I want to hear that other people's kids found it a doddle.
maddogphysics

Post by maddogphysics »

If they found the paper easy, they were doing something wrong.

These papers are not easy otherwise everyone would pass.
SunlampVexesEel

Re: tiffins

notayummymummy wrote:My son found non-verbal (his forte) harder than the one's he practised on and didn't finish paper (did some random answers at the end).

Overall him and his mates seemed to have about 10 Q's unanswered when they called time on non-verbal and about 5 on verbal.

How did everyone else's son find it? I would love to hear some post match analysis. Though not sure I want to hear that other people's kids found it a doddle.
At the Girl's we had a similar experience. There were many who did not finish the NVR, however some did.

I guess we need to wait until March since finishing on time isn't necessarily a sign that they got all the questions right... it will be really interesting to see the final raw scores v.s. standardised.

I hope it is the smart kids that get through but I admit to being slightly disallusioned. If on average kids were guessing or failing to complete say 5 questions then there is a chance that a peer with a good set of guesses will skew the score enough to get in and deny a smart bad guesser a place.... that's called luck.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
local tutor

Post by local tutor »

Even my most able found the non verbal hard and didn't quite finish in time. The verbal was fine with no surprises. Much the same pattern as the last few years - except, like last year, no maths.
SunlampVexesEel

local tutor wrote:Even my most able found the non verbal hard and didn't quite finish in time.
So... you think that it is still possible to make the grade without finishing?

i.e. say 90% of 75 .vs. 85% of 80.

I don't like it.... too much randomness for me. And your feedback is consistent... it seems (although there are exceptions) that it is actually the brighter ones that are not finishing!

I'm off to rehab.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati

Tiffins

Post by Guest »

My son found the NVR very difficult too - much harder than the NFER practice tests. And disappointed by the lack of maths in the VR. Most boys looked quite shell shocked on the way out. Luckily he had recovered his good spirits by the evening.
xe

Post by xe »

My son and my friends' sons (four children talked together after the exam) all said NV is harder. However, my son's verbal is weaker than his NV. Wait till March.
SD

Post by SD »

Are girls and boys at tiifin sit for the same papers? do they have same questions for NVR & VR,even tough differnet school premises?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now