help with understanding ugs statistics

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

grammar2014

help with understanding ugs statistics

Post by grammar2014 »

Hi, is anyone on here familiar with the data tables on school outcomes. I'm torn between urmston and Loreto as my first choice. We are out of catchment for both but urmston has always been my preference because its possible for my daughter to make her way to school independently. However I just started to look at a level statistics (ages away I know) but there is a huge difference. I just wondered if anyone knew why there is such a drop in grades at a level? Anyone know if children leave to go to college after gcse's? Any knowledge shared is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
me boo

Re: help with understanding ugs statistics

Post by me boo »

I do not know the answer, but I do know some schools require very high grades in order to do A levels. Essentially this is another selection procedure. I do know Urmston take large number of additional students at A Level ( quite a few from the Altrincham grammars) and although I don't know for sure, I assume some of these did not qualify to remain at their original school for A level. Therefore the cohort may not directly be comparable. It may be worth establishing what gcse grades are required to do A level and this might assist in informing your judgement.
grammar2014

Re: help with understanding ugs statistics

Post by grammar2014 »

Aah that makes complete sense. I will do some research over the weekend and contact the school. Thanks so much for your quick reply. :-)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now