results (2007) in local papers?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

results (2007) in local papers?

Post by Guest »

hi does anybody kows if bucks 11+ results was/will be published in local papers? thanks

Post by Guest »

I don't think it is done automatically. As I understand it, the newspaper will have to make a Freedom of Information request to Bucks CC which BCC will happily comply with. However it does seem to take rather a long time for BCC to analyse and compile the results - so no breath holding.

Also, there is nothing stopping anyone here from making an FOI request themselves. I have done it myself in the past and they were very responsive and helpful.
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

If the last year was anything to go by, they won't/can't release this data until next August/September.

Post by Guest »

Do the print results by school or pupil??
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

You mean do they print each pupil's results ?! Heavens No !

It is done by school - how many sat it/how many opted out, how many passed outright, how many got through on appeal.

Independent schools are different and are batched up into whichever of the four districts they are located in (you can't identify individual schools). The independent school figures also don't show the total number of eligible pupils who could have sat the test if they chose: the figures only show how many pupils registered for the test earlier in Year 5 (opted in), how many of those subsequently decided not to sit the test, and then how many passed outright and how many successfully appealed.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now