Any medway children looking at maidstone schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Last1973

Any medway children looking at maidstone schools

Post by Last1973 »

Just wondering if many venture that far.
Thanks
Medmama

Re: Any medway children looking at maidstone schools

Post by Medmama »

Yes my DD is requesting we put a grammar in Maidstone 1st. She passed Kent but during the review she looked again at Medway Grammars but still wanted to do the Maidstone journey :twisted:
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Medmama wrote:Yes my DD is requesting we put a grammar in Maidstone 1st. She passed Kent but during the review she looked again at Medway Grammars but still wanted to do the Maidstone journey :twisted:
Can I ask how she would do the journey, would it be train or bus. I've looked at train times send doesn't look to bad. I really like the look of the maidstone schools. What is making your dd like them more then the medway grammers.
Hope you dont mind me asking.
Medmama

Post by Medmama »

Hi Last, no please ask away... I have tried putting lots of obstacles in her way about the travelling but she remains undeterred.

Most days she will have to get the bus. I hear the school do a 'buddy system' so she won't be on her own. She will have to get the bus at 0725 and won't be back much before 1630, but if she was to travel to Chatham Grammar it would easily take half an hr each way... I look at this forum to look for confirmation that it's not too bad :). Some children travel to Invicta from Bexley and Borough Green, so Medway isn't that bad...

I wanted to appeal for Fort Pitt but nothing comes close to Invicta in her eyes. She prefers the modern facilities and seem more friendlier with a great transition program.

I didn't add MGSG as I felt we had too much choice and my DD was getting fed up viewing others as she made up her mind!

Hope this helps. Pm me if you need to x
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Medmama wrote:Hi Last, no please ask away... I have tried putting lots of obstacles in her way about the travelling but she remains undeterred.

Most days she will have to get the bus. I hear the school do a 'buddy system' so she won't be on her own. She will have to get the bus at 0725 and won't be back much before 1630, but if she was to travel to Chatham Grammar it would easily take half an hr each way... I look at this forum to look for confirmation that it's not too bad :). Some children travel to Invicta from Bexley and Borough Green, so Medway isn't that bad...

I wanted to appeal for Fort Pitt but nothing comes close to Invicta in her eyes. She prefers the modern facilities and seem more friendlier with a great transition program.

I didn't add MGSG as I felt we had too much choice and my DD was getting fed up viewing others as she made up her mind!

Hope this helps. Pm me if you need to x
Thanks for info.
I'm gonna look more into Invicta now too. Why does your dd like it so much. Did she do any of their workshops.
I hate having to think about schools when she is only 10 and in my eyes still a baby xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now