Rail pass

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Village mumof3

Rail pass

Post by Village mumof3 »

Have been looking on the websites but can't appear to find a young persons rail pass except the 16- 25 one?
Does anybody know if one exists ? If there isin't such thing- what is the cheapest way for my DD to travel?
Would be looking at catching a train from Etchingham to Tonbridge.
Thank You
ToadMum

Re: Rail pass

Post by ToadMum »

For several schools and colleges in Southend and Essex, there is a Greater Anglia scheme to provide discounted rail season tickets. This year, the 'annual' ticket has changed from 'whole year' to 'finishing at the end of July', but apart from that, they are real 'use at any time' season tickets and both DS1 and DD make good use of theirs. DS2 uses the local buses and his seasons work out at about twice the price as his siblings'!

Anyway, it would be worth asking the school whether there is a cheaper option than a normal child-rate season ticket.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
UncleBob

Post by UncleBob »

There is not train pass in Kent. You just have to buy a child ticket valid for the half term or term. Up to you.
franticmum

Post by franticmum »

For the Southeastern line, you can buy a child season ticket for 1 month, 3, 6 or 12, I believe. We also travel to Tonbridge on this line and always buy the year but it is very expensive, especially on the first initial purchase. From then on you can budget accordingly. If you buy a year, then they are covered to go to Tonbridge or anywhere in between in the holidays, etc, but I know other posters get lesser durations and work around the holidays, so its your choice according to your finances and preferences!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now