Anyone else wiped out???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yamin151

Anyone else wiped out???

Post by Yamin151 »

Combination I think of

New job (part time, so all domestic still down to me, dh great but full time)
Dh new job
Twin 1 new school
Twin 2 new school
6 x (literally) the amount of driving (all our own choice, made our bed etc!)
8 weeks of new schools, 5.45 am alarm

And now along comes the time change and I'm floored, despite it being an hour extra in bed. Combined with having reaching half term it almost seems like slowing down has 'allowed' me to be knackered where before I've just kept going!

Tell me I'm not alone!!!
JamesDean

Re: Anyone else wiped out???

Post by JamesDean »

I'm lucky to work term-time only, Yamin, and my body definitely says 'enough' once me and the kids break up and it goes into hibernation mode!
Even more so this time of year :D

JD
doodles

Post by doodles »

I'm with you Yamin. On my knees but need to spend half term getting us on track for the rest of this term and sanitizing the house before we all catch something :shock:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

LOL! My house hygenie (that was a typo, but now I look at it it seems appropriate!) has gone to **** in a handcart!!

I am term time too JD, so lucky, but I do go **** for leather in term time (don't we all???) and so just fall over, really, when I stop!

Have just watched video for Operation Christmas Child, so now I'm crying too!!!!!
Dibsie

Post by Dibsie »

You're definitely not alone!

I work part time and term time only, DH full time and a distance away from home so all things domestic down to me. As is managing our ds' schedule (not always easy given that I don't drive!). Add to that the clocks changing and I feel like I could sleep for a week. Or at least I would if dh didn't wake me at silly o'clock getting ready for work!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I'm really glad its not just me.

I work full time (ish) self employed from home and just feel like my clock has 'run down' - if that makes sense? Am completely knackered. :(
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope everyone has a bit of a break - at least not having to get the kids to school!

TBH what you are all saying reminds me of when kids were in first years of primary school / nursery. was travelling a long way to work, juggling childcare, school, lunchboxes, on call rotas etc utter chaos

then... 10 years ago solved it all - at start of senior school, DS could walk to school - DD at nearby nearby school, new job odd hours but very flexible and less than a mile away. no on call and no lunchboxes. just spend spare time on EPE!! :lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Very reassuring to find I am not alone. TATT (tired all the time) docs call it don't they? Usually no explanation, except LIFE, LOL! Oh well, funny thing is I dare say I will be better for being 'back on the wheel' next week, or at least, I will have to be!!!

Yawn
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yep there is even a code for TATT - hate to refer to it like that as can be causes for it. Having said that it is often "life" as one way or another we are trying to squeeze a few more hours out of each day. :?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Mine is called boys, husband, school, rugby, work, paperwork and the general rubbish of life. Coupled with insomnia it's an interesting approach to life and not one I'd imagined for myself heading to 50 :lol: :lol: Of course I'd imagined a huge house, impeccably behaved children a squillionaire husband and a whole retinue of staff :lol: :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now