Channing, City of London or London Collegiate

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jo

Channing, City of London or London Collegiate

Post by Jo »

Could anyone recommend Channing, City of London or North London Collegiate as a happy place to be with little incidences of bullying. They are different sizes and I wondered if that made a difference. Thank you for any feedback!
Guest1107

Post by Guest1107 »

I can only speak for NLCS where my daughter is very happy. It is a very caring enviroment and all students, irrespective of year seem to respect each other. She only started in September and I was worried about many aspects of such a high achieving school especially how the mix of the girls from the junior school and the 'new girls' would mix. I had other good choices but feel I have made the best I could have. PSHE has a lot good advice for the girls on how to deal with a wide range of social issues including different forms of bullying. This is after a term so not had long term experience.

Post by Guest »

Sounds like a wonderful school. No wonder it is so hard to get into. Looks like you made the right choice. Well done.

Post by Guest »

I'm really interested in this also as we're considering Channing and City as well as Highgate and South Hampstead. Ruled out NLCS as probably too far to travel but interested to hear of Guest1107' comments. We did visit but thought it possibly a bit too high-powered and pressured for us. Any views on the others mentioned above?

Post by Guest »

Thanks for all your comments. I am pleased to hear about the pastoral side of NLCS, and that guest 1107's daughter is settling in well there. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now