standardised scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
walsallmum

standardised scores

Post by walsallmum »

does anyone have any idea how many marks were involved in age standardisation this year/
rabbie burns

Re: standardised scores

Post by rabbie burns »

I doubt this will ever become public and if it does you would not know how accurate the info was. As you know some information posted here is not accurate! Why do you want to know?
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

dd scored 208 in the Birmingham test
born in 0ct0ber

just curious
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

How it works is that an August born child who got 208 would have needed a lower raw score. How much lower is a matter of discussion (see another thread). Based on other peoples comments and research I have done into this the raw score could have been between 3 and 8 percent. I personally think its nearer 3 but others disagree. As I said you are unlikely ever to know what it was this year with any degree of certainty.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

You need to get a range of parents with children from different months to request their raw score. Having August and September born babies is what you need.
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Good point. In fact you need the raw score of a child born in August who got a standardised score of 208. You could then compare their raw score with your child's and see the difference.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now