Bus journeys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pinkrabbit38

Bus journeys

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

If there's an incident involving my son and another boy on one of the school buses, who should we report it to?
Is it the school direct as they both come from the same school?
KB

Re: Bus journeys

Post by KB »

Short answer is 'yes'. If you feel the episode needs dealing with then school would be appropriate.
Hope you get it sorted.
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

If the incident occured on bus I would report to both. Good luck.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

inmystride wrote:If the incident occured on bus I would report to both. Good luck.
Thanks we reported to school because my son got kicked in on the bus by another year 7, school was fab and sorted straightaway although the boy is still being verbally abusive.
KB

Post by KB »

If it is consistent verbal abuse then I would go back to the school. A bit of banter is normal but consistent verbal abuse by one particular child to another is bullying and not acceptable. Sooner it is nipped in the bud the better.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

KB wrote:If it is consistent verbal abuse then I would go back to the school. A bit of banter is normal but consistent verbal abuse by one particular child to another is bullying and not acceptable. Sooner it is nipped in the bud the better.
Thanks KB, we're monitoring it at the moment. The school spoke to the child again yesterday and that caused ructions on the way home again. Hoping it will fizzle out as my son is just ignoring the child
KB

Post by KB »

Good for him! Hopefully the tiresome child will get bored soon.
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

If the bus is a Stephenson's one, and you complain to them directly, they will send a warning letter to the misbehaving child's parents, threatening him with removal from the bus. (Please don't ask me how I know this!! :oops: :oops: :oops: )
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

FlightyRachel wrote:If the bus is a Stephenson's one, and you complain to them directly, they will send a warning letter to the misbehaving child's parents, threatening him with removal from the bus. (Please don't ask me how I know this!! :oops: :oops: :oops: )
Thanks, it's First bus.x
jbmum

Post by jbmum »

First buses definitely like to know about such things and will take steps to prevent it. On my DC's bus they are all supposed to sit in allocated seats but generally don't. A couple of years ago this rule was enforced following an incident involving 3 or 4 DCs and First separated them.

Good luck, the bus should be a good part of their day.