Failure to gain place at local GS

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
chrisjim

Failure to gain place at local GS

Post by chrisjim »

I am new to this forum and looking for advice regarding our recent experience of the 11+. My son sat the exam at our local GS - the elements being GLAss English and Maths papers and a locally set English paper. When the results are released you receive one of 3 letters without any information regarding scores:
Letter A: your child is within the top 174 on the GLAss and has passed the locally set paper so are eligible for a place;
Letter B: you have not made it to the top 174 but passed the locally set paper so are eligible for a place on the waiting list;
Letter C: you are not in the top 174 and/or have not achieved a pass in the locally set paper.
We found ourselves in receipt of letter C and on requesting a copy the scores find our son is well within the top 174 but has narrowly missed achiveing the pass mark on the locally set paper. We are prepared to appeal but I am wondering if it is worthwhile, at this point, asking for a remark of the written paper in the hope that we are lucky enough to pick up the mark we need to reach the threshold. Many thanks.
Etienne

Re: Failure to gain place at local GS

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

Most questions are addressed in the Q&As:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I doubt whether anyone can give you a straight answer to the question "Is it worthwhile?".
The odds are hugely against you - but you might wish to ask for a remark (assuming this is possible) for peace of mind.
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now