Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Elibet

Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old?

Post by Elibet »

It's only (how many days??) to Christmas and I haven't thought of a single thing to get my DS.

What do 11 year olds (and above) play with nowadays?

He usually gets a stocking of little things and fruit from SC, and a couple of other larger gifts from us. I know its silly, but the book called "the Polar Express" made a big impact on him when he was tiny, about "Santa living only if you keep on believing in him" or similar claptrap.

I'd be lucky if I manage to get him inside a church this Christmas, because after watching the Syrian crisis and Ebola and all the other awful things happening in the world, he's now decided that god cannot exist. So depressing.

What are you getting your children?

Would love to hear your thoughts, since I'm clueless.
Tinkers

Re: Christmas is coming... what should I get my 11+ year old

Post by Tinkers »

DD wanted a leather satchel for school, so that is what she is getting. Other than that, when asked all she wants are books or money to buy books with, and maybe the odd iTunes voucher.
Now waiting for this year's list of books, as I have no idea what books she has read, I can't keep up.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Having realised today that DS2 has never owned a watch (oops), DDs has a cracked face and DS1s is in poor condition, I think it will be watches all round. I won't need much wrapping paper either!

Other than that, no idea!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD seems to have gone the same way as DH and never wears a watch, even though she has a couple.
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

With my 11 year old DC still being a complete Lego 'nut' ... although DCs tastes in Lego models are on the more expensive side :roll: and very complex (no help from me as too complicated :lol: ) that's the main gift sorted :D - then just a few smaller gifts usually books, PJs etc.

The bonus of a complex Lego kit with lots and lots and lots of pieces ... a lovely quiet Christmas day with DC busy for hours 8) :D :wink:
Heartmum x x x
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

DS is currently trying to build a computer and so he just wants money towards the parts. But he would probably also love a good book or something related to The Big Bang Theory, my little Sheldon!

DD is harder as her birthday is a few days before and we have to come up with 2 different things, luckily for us she is having her ears pierced as part of her birthday present and so she would like some nice earrings to wear once she can.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Haven't thought much about it yet but my DC has grown in height so I am buying a new pyjama set and a sweatshirt. Going to see if my Boden discount code is still valid.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

DD is 13 next week and she wants to buy a camera. She has no ideas which GCSEs she'll be taking, but she has already decided on A Level Photography :lol:.
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Same here KS10 - a camera has been requested although actually what she wants is my (prized old) SLR. I'm looking around for some skin care products for the emerging teenage skin and maybe a little trip to a suitable beauty salon. Oh yes and a trip to see Wicked (again). And clothes (which is fair enough as she has outgrown everything she owns).
It takes a village to raise a child
KB

Post by KB »

There were some discounted deals for Wicked on the well known ticketing site recently.

Elibet: sent you a PM
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now