Anyone get a letter today from the Consortium Office?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moseleymum

Anyone get a letter today from the Consortium Office?

Post by moseleymum »

We received a letter today, stating that they haven't received evidence relating to DS eligibility for FSM (because he's not eligible, that's why!), and that "it may be that you have decided to pursue other schools rather than a King Edwards VI Grammar School. If this is the case then thank you for your interest in the King Edward VI Grammar Schools".

What's the point of this letter, especially after the CAF form has been sent?
um

Re: Anyone get a letter today from the Consortium Office?

Post by um »

Sounds odd.
The cost of sending further letters to around 5,000 parents must be quite a lot :?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

It is odd. It's making me wonder if I missed something. I would have posted a screenshot if I knew how to.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Assuming that you filled in your CAF online (?), was there a 'FSM' any that you could have checked by mistake??
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

I don't think I did check anything by mistake but DS score is comfortable so the PP score is irrelevant anyway.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

In the absence of fellow Brum forumites leaping up to say that it's happened to them too, might be an idea to check with the office that they haven't just sent it to you in error and are about to 'misfile' a FSM child whose parents they think they have written to, so to speak?

(I still have nightmares about the day the organisation I worked for decided that a multi-recipient envelope-stuffing exercise should be landed upon our receptionist. Not only did the poor woman not usually have to do that kind of thing, but strangely enough she had quite a lot of other tasks to distract her. Unfortunately, a large number of packages had already been handed over to the Postie before she realised that at some point the letters to person As at addresses X had gone in the same envelope as the letter meant for person Bs at addresses Y and the whole thing been sent to addresses Z, IYSWIM...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Yes thanks ToadMum I suppose the fact no one else received one means it must be me :? but I'm very careful about these things usually so will check and see.

Thanks
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Yes it seems he was down as eligible for FSM :oops:

All sorted now :lol: