Clsg 11+ exam record number of applicants

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Balhamite

Clsg 11+ exam record number of applicants

Post by Balhamite »

I have received an email from City this week asking if my daughter would mind sitting the 11+ at another group 2 consortium school, as they have a record number of applicants this year to City ( this was even before the deadline). Apparently they will have difficulty fitting in all the girls who have requested to sit at clsg. Does anyone have any idea of what sort of number of applicants they are talking about?

Thanks
goldieandthreebears

Re: Clsg 11+ exam record number of applicants

Post by goldieandthreebears »

I think that last year around 800 applied, not sure how many they can accommodate at CLSG on testing day.
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

We got the same email. It's the only consortium school to which we are applying, so we cannot help. The place was packed out for the open morning earlier this Autumn. There weren't enough seats in the auditorium for all the visitors.

Frankly, I don't fancy our chances. It was an "aspirational" choice for us, when we thought there would probably be about 600 applicants. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if there were a thousand applicants in the end.
Balhamite

Post by Balhamite »

HotCrossBun wrote:We got the same email. It's the only consortium school to which we are applying, so we cannot help. The place was packed out for the open morning earlier this Autumn. There weren't enough seats in the auditorium for all the visitors.

Frankly, I don't fancy our chances. It was an "aspirational" choice for us, when we thought there would probably be about 600 applicants. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if there were a thousand applicants in the end.

It's the only consortium school we are applying to and my daughter really has her heart set on it, don't fancy our chances either with 1000 applicants :(
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

Just to be clear, I don't know that there are a thousand applicants. I just think it is certainly possible from the indications we are getting.

It's a lovely school, and my dd is taken with it too. Given the odds, I am trying to "big up" some of our nearer options.
dez

Post by dez »

Balhamite wrote:
HotCrossBun wrote:We got the same email. It's the only consortium school to which we are applying, so we cannot help. The place was packed out for the open morning earlier this Autumn. There weren't enough seats in the auditorium for all the visitors.

It's the only consortium school we are applying to and my daughter really has her heart set on it, don't fancy our chances either with 1000 applicants :(
Don't worry about the total number of applicants be it 1000+. Your DD might be in the top 10%. :D
HotCrossBun

Post by HotCrossBun »

:D

Of course!
Balhamite

Post by Balhamite »

Let's hope so HotCrossBun and dez :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now