Pass Mark 111

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gusetpm

Pass Mark 111

Post by Gusetpm »

From what people have posted a score of 111 will only get you in Slough. I know Langley is high pass mark but what about Herschel is it :twisted: 111 or not. What is the point of having a pass mark if its too low.
chad

Post by chad »

Herschel has been 111.... it is said to have been 112 last year....so it is hard to predict what it will be this year. Slough grammar was said to be 111 last year. The Langley grammar admission document states:

3. Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available, places will be allocated according to rank order of performance in the admission tests, subject to paragraph 4.
4. In the event of one or more eligible pupils being tied for the final place or places, priority will be decided according to the following criteria:
(i) proximity to the school by a suitable walking route as measured from the main double entrance gate of Langley Grammar School to the front door of the candidate’s house.
5. A waiting list will be held for all those pupils who score 111 and above but who may not be offered a place initially due to over subscription. This waiting list will operate until 30 September of 2008.

Herschel will have the same admission policy as they are part of the consortium.
cheryl

Post by cheryl »

how do you think the parents of children in Slough feel? Most of the places are taken by out of county children and even if the child passes they can't get a place!! :evil:
blackbox31

11+ pass mark

Post by blackbox31 »

Hi,

My daugher sat the 11+ Berks and Bucks test. My daughter passed the Bucks Exam and as we live in catchment for Burnham Grammar and we put this as our first choice we should get this school.

However, my daughter also passed the Herschel Exam and got 112. Will this be enough to secure a place this year ?. I asked the school and they said they could not disclose any information and that you would have to wait til 2nd March !.

My daughter really wants to go to Herschel. If they put us on the waiting list and we accept Burnham and then later Herschel offer us a place can we then change our choice and inform BG that we have taken a place at Herschel.

Does anyone have any idea what pass mark Herschel will take this year ?

Worried Parent.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you put Burnham first that's what you will get offered. If you wanted Herschel it might have been wiser to put it first and have Burnham as number 2
blackbox31

11+ pass mark

Post by blackbox31 »

We were told by the headteacher @ Herschel that if we put Burnham First and Herschel second , as Heschel is the first preference in Berkshire , we would get an offer from Burnham from Bucks LEA and also an offer from Herschel directly from the school if they passed both
chad

Post by chad »

I think that is true.....If it is the same as last year you will get an allocation of Burnham from your local LEA and an offer from Herschel or be on the waiting list....The offers for the Slough grammars are usually dealt with quite quickly...I am sure once March comes around Herschel will give out more info ref allocation and offers. You can then decide on what you will do.
Waddle

Post by Waddle »

I agree with Chad - if it's the same as previous years, you will get offer for Burnham Grammar on Bucks LEA letterheading one day; offer from Herschel on their own letterheading the next day. You then have the luxury of choosing!
chad

Post by chad »

This is taken from the Langley Grammar Admission speech 2007

You can read the full statement at the following link.

http://www.langley-grammar.slough.sch.u ... speech.pdf

All offers of places will come initially from Slough Borough Council (or your own LEA) on March 3rd 2008
OR of course if you applied on-line you can log on to receive this information.
Authorities operate an EQUAL PREFERENCE MODEL…
And the offer made on March 3rd will be for the highest ranked school on your CAF where your child has met the admission criteria and a place is also available.
All preferences listed by parents on the CAF will be considered using the over-subscription criteria for each school. Where a child can be offered a place at more than one school the offer will be to the highest ranked school.
After March 3rd 2008 we (or your chosen Slough grammar school) will write to you to confirm that we are able to offer a place OR to tell you that we are placing your child on a waiting list which will enable you to hold (ACCEPT) any other place offered by the authority until such time as we can confirm a place at the school.

This must be the same for all Slough Consortium schools & and, I would have thought, Slough grammar.
Melx

Post by Melx »

Hi there

My friends son passed both tests two years ago with BG being the first choice. He was offered both Slough adn Herscel. Both are seperate tests and if its still the same it was two diffrent applictaion forms? so you should get offered two places irrespective of putting BG first.

Mel
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now