Exam Feedback to tutor

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Matrix

Exam Feedback to tutor

Post by Matrix »

The tutor wants feedback regarding the exam today. Should I give it? What about the candidates off sick?
Stroller

Re: Exam Feedback to tutor

Post by Stroller »

Would you like a random late taker to get a clear advantage over your child?

I think you'd be crazy to reveal specifics now. Write things down somewhere for yourself if you like and reveal next March or so. That's still plenty of time for them to use the info for the next batch.

Broad brush stroke - hard / easy / glad it's over and thanks for your help should suffice in the meantime.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Matrix

Post by Matrix »

Yes that sounds very sensible.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Matrix wrote:The tutor wants feedback regarding the exam today. Should I give it? What about the candidates off sick?
The tutor would look good if their later candidates had an advantage. You would be nuts to feed anything back! Late candidates are inevitable due to winter sniffles etc.
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Stroller wrote:
Broad brush stroke - hard / easy / glad it's over and thanks for your help should suffice in the meantime.
+ "can't really recall exactly, you know what kids are like!"
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

No way!
Don't tell any thing about the test to any one else, until all the late sitters have sat their test. How about in January?
nat47

Post by nat47 »

Wow what lack of confidence in tutors! Surely any respectable tutor would refrain from revealing information even to their own late sitters. They would be disadvantaging the vast majority of their own tutees, who presumably sat at the normal time. It would also be quite unethical and they would lose parents' respect, and even their self-respect I would suggest. My own children's tutor refused any contact with the parents of late sitters for precisely that reason - I know that from parents of late sitters who tried to have a conversation with her!

IMO, if your tutor is good and you trust him/her, then by all means feed back information.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Can you explain why the tutor needs the information before March?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Stroller wrote:Can you explain why the tutor needs the information before March?

They don't. A good tutor would wait to ask imo, maybe ask for the parents/DC to write down to hand to them later (so they don't forget).

I'd be less subtle if asked, and say why I'm not giving the INfo until the late sitters are done. But that's just me.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Why would the tutor ask now if not for some unethical reason? The tutor could have asked them to make notes now so that the feedback at a later date would be more accurate. Unfortunately, there are dishonest tutors, just as there are dishonest teachers, policemen, bank employees, politicians, etc. I too would refrain from giving any information right now. If you're feeling really brave you could say that you don't want to disadvantage your child. I've just reread some of the responses and I'm with Tinkers on this.