Slough Grammar School Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nervousmum

Slough Grammar School Results

Post by nervousmum »

Hi All

Anybody else still waiting for Slough- Like I am today- Still no post!

nervousmum
:(
chad

Post by chad »

How are your finger nails this morning....what time does the postie come? There was a wonderful post this time last year about waiting for the postman....hope he is not too long. :roll:

Found it....JuliaB wrote.....
Get up at dawn or earlier, stare out of window for couple of hours. Think about how suddenly it gets light. Make tea. Forget to drink it. Think about going back to bed when first child appears scratching head and put kettle on again. Put on clothes that might match or not. Nail smile on face and act like domestic goddess. Make haphazard packed lunches as can't concentrate (why didn't I get another loaf out of freezer last night) Forget who likes coleslaw and who doesn't. Empty dishwasher, mutter about how rubbish it is at washing dishes. Take children to school. Wave 11+ candidate off cheerily. Sit in car with glazed expression until all other cars gone. Somehow make it home. Examine mat for indication of post. Consider cigarette. Remember stopped smoking about 10 years ago. Give serious thought to going to corner shop for supplies. Decide against in case miss post. Collect cold tea from kitchen. Sit on the edge of the stairs clutching cup staring at letterbox for 5 hours. Only answer phone to husband, no of course it hasn't bl++++ come yet. Get fed up, drive up and down local streets looking for postman. Get back in time to see postman is further up our street than our house. Retrieve envelope from pile of somerfield adverts and a leaflet about garden clearance that needs the grammar correcting. Clasp magic envelope to chest. Hold for approx one hour and drive back to school to collect pale and anxious child. Drive home in complete silence apart from saying it's here. Arrive home. Husband pacing floor in hall where is it, I can't believe you took it with you to school. Present child with envelope.......Pray.
nervousmum

results

Post by nervousmum »

Hi Chad- Forum seems very quiet today

on thursday - postie was here 11.45 approx

nothing yet- still waiting!

nervousmum

ps no nails to talk of now!
nervousmum

results

Post by nervousmum »

HI

Just got it- pleased dd scored 127- finally

can relax for now- yes can completely empathise with Julia B's post

nervousmum
chad

Post by chad »

Excellent news...congratulations to your daughter...That will be a def offer from Slough Grammar.... :D
Bewildered

Re: results

Post by Bewildered »

nervousmum wrote:HI

Just got it- pleased dd scored 127- finally

can relax for now- yes can completely empathise with Julia B's post

nervousmum
CONGRATULATIONS!!

:D :D :D
nervousmum

results

Post by nervousmum »

Hi

Thanks Chad and BW

Have stopped shaking now, enough to put the kettle on

or might have something stronger !

nervousmum :D :D

Post by Guest »

are people getting their results?we haven't had ours yet
nervousmum

Post by nervousmum »

Dear Guest

Having talked to other people, seems like most people got their results on saturday, I got ours yesterday. If yours still havent turned up give the school a ring.

nervousmum
nervousmum

Post by nervousmum »

Dear Guest

Having talked to other people, seems like most people got their results on saturday, I got ours yesterday. If yours still havent turned up give the school a ring.

nervousmum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now