GCSE Revision courses in Bucks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hilda

GCSE Revision courses in Bucks

Post by Hilda »

Can anyone recommend any GCSE revision courses in Bucks. Son (year 10) doing really well at GS, but tends to underachieve in tests. Agree totally with everything said on this forum about not pushing children, but son himself knows he could do with some extra help with exam technique - analysing past questions etc etc so that his gcse grades reflect his true ability. He is keen to get this help either this school year or next, or in the summer and thinks that group courses would suit his personality better than 1:1.

Presume may not be able to name courses on this forum because of forum rules, but pms welcome

Hilda
andyb

Re: GCSE Revision courses in Bucks

Post by andyb »

Hilda wrote:Can anyone recommend any GCSE revision courses in Bucks.
Hilda
Can't recommend courses as my children are not old enough to need them (yet!) but I have seen Royal Grammar School advertise Easter revision weeks if that helps. I don't even know if they are open to all or just RGS pupils.

Post by Guest »

If they advertise them, presumably they're open to non-pupils.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Check the syllabus is the same before you sign up lots of good FREE stuff on the web!!
http://www.kangaroomaths.com/free_resou ... nt/ks4.htm

has graded questions and answers

emaths also good.
sweetpeas

Post by sweetpeas »

Go for CGP books. They are excellent! There are also tips on getting high exam grades in them. The beauty of their books is that they contain full information and make learning/revision fun. Easy explanations. Lots of illustrations. Just choose the material needed as they have a wide range of products.

Website removed by a moderator, breaks forum rules on advertising.

Good luck!!!
Caroline26

Easter Revision Courses

Post by Caroline26 »

Have you considered a residential Easter revision course? I notice St Mary's Calne is offering one in April.
laurarichards

GCSE revision courses

Post by laurarichards »

Dear laurarichards, your post has been removed by a moderator, as it breaks forum rules on advertising. I have sent you a Personal Message.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now