Rm easimaths

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mm23292

Rm easimaths

Post by mm23292 »

My Yr1 daughter's school has introduced this, and I really do like the concept, and the fact that it is supposed to be geared towards individual ability and progress. However, after a few sessions, she is becoming decidedly bored. The questions are ridiculously simple and repetitive, and in spite of having completed a few sessions, subsequent sessions don't seem any more challenging than the ones completed before. E.g. how many bananas...how many pears..over and over again. She originally found it funny, but now she is just bored and can't be bothered to go through any more sessions, in the hope it might get a little more interesting!
Does anyone have any experience with this? Could it be that the school have not tailored the level properly to start? Or does everyone have to complete all the exercise sessions regardless, in order to increase their level?
Hera

Re: Rm easimaths

Post by Hera »

It is supposed to progress with the child. You can change the level but by doing so lose any saved data. I think that for any reasonably able child it becomes frustrating very quickly.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm aware of RM maths and it is very repetitive so I expect this is similar.

It's focused on number so is not really a 'maths' programme and the levels seem over generous.

I would have thought anything like this is not appropriate for KS1 when they should be doing maths in the real world.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It is just a revamp of RM maths, just a bit slower and more repetitive that its predecessor.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I've mainly seen it used with less able students in KS2 to give extra practice ... draw your own conclusions.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh dear. With any Internet maths packages I find you have to be able to jump through it or work through loads of lessons yourself until you get to a useful bit. Is this for homework or do they use it at school too? It sounds desperate.

Sorry I have not tried r m maths but the homepage is not convincing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now