Happy New Year!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluejay

Happy New Year!

Post by bluejay »

Happy New Year to you all.

I haven't been on the forum for a little while so thought i would log in and see what the latest is..... seems the forum is a little quiet.
I was thinking (in 2014) i have a year yet until my DS sits the examinations however its now 2015 and gosh that came round pretty swiftly!
Time sure flies and the examinations will be here before we know it... i am quite relaxed at this point as my older son is in Year 9 and with the first DC you never know what to expect.

I have been working with my DS since the summer holidays and can say that in the last 6 months his vocabulary has definitely improved and he is plodding along nicely.... if anything his school grades have improved immensely so i must be doing something right...

How is everyone doing at the moment?
um

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by um »

Happy New Year to you and all forumites :D

Yes, things have been rather quiet in Birmingham...hopefully someone will be along to join in the discussion soon though!
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Happy New year Everyone :D
HappyRobot

Post by HappyRobot »

Happy new year to you all.
Hope it's a year that brings u everything you want.
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

happy New Year everyone! :D
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Happy New Year all!

Have been noodling around the grammar school sites to check out open days etc. Many not yet updated for this term and for the next round of exams. I recall that I needed to register my older son for the Walsall consortium in March for their July 11+. Is that likely to be the same this time around? It's quite soon if so! *dawning panic face*
bluejay

Post by bluejay »

Turtlegirl wrote:Happy New Year all!

Have been noodling around the grammar school sites to check out open days etc. Many not yet updated for this term and for the next round of exams. I recall that I needed to register my older son for the Walsall consortium in March for their July 11+. Is that likely to be the same this time around? It's quite soon if so! *dawning panic face*
I have had a quick look at the QMs website and the application forms were available from March last year and had to be back in to them by the 1st week of June. I imagine it will be very similar timescales this year too, when my DS sat the exam 3 years ago the examination was in December and it was bought forward to July last year so lets hope they don't make it any earlier this year!!!
um

Post by um »

As soon as the forms for the Walsall and Bham/Warks consortia are available, I will post the links here.

Also, if your child has special needs and requires any adaptations, for example a larger text format or sitting near the audio if hearing impaired, the deadlines for the exam application form are earlier.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Please ensure you post all documents so that they are recorded as being received or hand delivered as my dd's forms to QM Girls had to be resent when I hadn't received confirmation for the application forms. This was just discovered before the closing deadline so we had to hand deliver new forms even though they got the application for special measures. My dd lost hearing in both ears from glue ear and a perforated ear drum just before the exams. She now manages with a hearing aid and hearing has returned to the one ear. The deadlines for special measures are much tighter and have to be submitted early for all the grammar schools in the KE and Wolverhampton/Walsall consortia.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln