Combat boots

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ahap

Combat boots

Post by ahap »

Is there an Army & Navy store in Chelmsford? I googled but there does not seem to be any, except online stores. We were given lots of web addresses and a store in Southend but before visiting there I would like to have a look at one nearby if anyone knows. DS's feet are wide and buying shoes for him is quite difficult. He is 8/9 for different brands or types of shoes. His school shoes are size 8, His football boots are size 9, His trainers are 8 etc...
Last edited by ahap on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
DC17C

Re: Combat boots

Post by DC17C »

Is there a Go Outdoors any where close? They sell Magnum boots.... don't know if that is any help.
ahap

Post by ahap »

I had a look and there's one at Basildon and Colchester. Same sort of distance from here, so it is another option if I don't find one nearby soon thanks.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Have you tried 'Essex Surplus' at 56 Moulsham Street in Chelmsford. It supplies military wear.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Blitz wrote:Have you tried 'Essex Surplus' at 56 Moulsham Street in Chelmsford. It supplies military wear.

I phoned them, and they said that they are only an online store.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Essex Surplus was round the corner from me and very sadly closed down last summer. It was a wonderful cavern of delights. Now a chi- chi homewear store, makes a change from the 30 hairdressers in Moulsham Street though!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I know (I think?) that your DS is at WHSB, but have you thought of asking where KEGS advise buying stuff for CCF?

The Army and Navy shop on London Road in Westcliff is probably one of the ones on your list? We get most of our stuff for Scouts there; they usually have a good range of boots but of course it would be worth ringing first if you are coming all the way from Chelmsford. I can point you in the direction of nice places to go for lunch afterwards to make it a day out :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ahap

Post by ahap »

ToadMum wrote:I know (I think?) that your DS is at WHSB, but have you thought of asking where KEGS advise buying stuff for CCF?

The Army and Navy shop on London Road in Westcliff is probably one of the ones on your list? We get most of our stuff for Scouts there; they usually have a good range of boots but of course it would be worth ringing first if you are coming all the way from Chelmsford. I can point you in the direction of nice places to go for lunch afterwards to make it a day out :) .
:D That is a very good idea, a nice Chinese cafe would be good :) . We were planning to go this weekend if we don't find any stores here before that. I asked SIL last week where she got for her DS at Kegs and she said that her DS bought it at Kegs.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Oh well, it was just a thought.

You could also try Paul's in
Southchurch Road (website has discount clothing in the title I think); they do work boots but I'm not sure about combat boots.

Have pm'd you.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx