Tiffin Boys School - 6VR wrong and 2 NVR -what mark is that?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Simplemind

Tiffin Boys School - 6VR wrong and 2 NVR -what mark is that?

Post by Simplemind »

Hello all,

We sat Tiffins exams this week ( we missed deadline in September and had to put Tiffins Boys on the council Core Form).
I read a few threads and aware of the marks so far.

However we still have to wait when they advise us on our son's marks.
How does Tiffin Calculate points please?

My son says - he felt challenged on 4-5 qns on VR, says 6 max might be not correct

but found NVR easy, says might got slip on 1-2.

So where woudl it place him potentially with marks. He is the oldest in Yr 6 so there be no extra marks for being young ( I heard that counts).

Any suggestion will be appreciated thank you.
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Boys School - 6VR wrong and 2 NVR -what mark is t

Post by tiffinboys »

So where woudl it place him potentially with marks. He is the oldest in Yr 6 so there be no extra marks for being young ( I heard that counts).
There are no extra marks for being young or less marks for being oldest. I am sure guest55 would correct, if this is not so.
My son says - he felt challenged on 4-5 qns on VR, says 6 max might be not correct

but found NVR easy, says might got slip on 1-2.

That's million Pounds question. My DC felt he did very well in NVR. Standarized score was not that high., compared to VR.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Tiffinboys is right: I would strongly advise you not to make any assumptions about how well your son has done according to his own feedback. It seems to be very common for those who think they've done really well to have actually not done that well (and vice versa). Hopefully that hasn't happened with your son, but I'd just sit tight and wait for the results!
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

Simplemind wrote:Hello all,
We sat Tiffins exams this week ( we missed deadline in September and had to put Tiffins Boys on the council Core Form).
As you had missed the school deadline, does this mean that you will be classed as a late applicant or would you be considered for a place in the same way as all of those that applied to the school on time?