KES exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Natalie74

KES exam

Post by Natalie74 »

Wanted to wish everyone taking the KES exam good luck today. Can't believe it's been a year since my DS sat it. The weeks waiting for his results and going through the interview process were the most anxious and exciting of my life! Know how you all must be feeling today.

Huge hugs. X
moseleymum

Re: KES exam

Post by moseleymum »

It was very relaxed in our house this morning, such a change compared with when DS went through it four years ago. I think it's because at that time the Consortium scores weren't known as they are now.

Best wishes to all those sitting the exam. It was very busy this morning!
clearsky

Post by clearsky »

It was very calm in our house after the grammar test, until last night when ds started to panic, also he was very worried this morning when we took him to Kes. He felt OK after the test, however he felt he could had done better on English comprehension section but did manage to complete all the maths sections. All the very best to everyone, also it would be helpful if and when anyone gets call for a interview this forum is informed as I'm sure everyone is waiting for that call. They have said some children's will be called for interviews during 19 Jan to 6th feb, I wonder which children's will be first, borderline, or assisted place?
mimossa

Post by mimossa »

Hi clearsky,

My son sat the KES exam too. He wasn't able to finish the comprehension due to time pressure. But managed the maths sections.
My understanding is its scholarship, bursary and then borderline.

Good luck to everyone waiting.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Most of the parents I spoke to said the same thing - that the maths was ok (even the dreaded section three) but that the comprehension was long and difficult to complete. It's reassuring to know everyone said the same thing :) .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now