Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blue Jay

Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Post by Blue Jay »

Just seen this - http://trak.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lots of info and resources including full Reading and Kendrick results for 2014 CEM test, and petition to support more local children with qualifying scores gaining places at Reading grammar schools.
cocoa0101

Re: Full Kendrick & RBS 2014 CEM Results - trak.org.uk

Post by cocoa0101 »

Hi, an interesting read, thanks for this!

I can't find the actual list of scores though, any chance you could post the exact link?

Thanks
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Ignore that, just found it!
http://trak.org.uk/resources/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Excellent finding.

Only if we could find out how many of these boys are out of catchment between 150, 200 and 250th rank in Reading Boys :D
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Though the Reading School results looks all right, but the Slough results look fishy to me.

I could not find two August born scores (both boys) in the list. So if that's the case , there might be other scores missing from the list as well thus giving a false impression for the ranks if parents are using them to guess their DDs/DSs rank for Slough consortium :(

I am not aware of Kendrick score much, parents with DDs can comment on that list.
cocoa0101

Post by cocoa0101 »

Strange, are you sure you are looking at the right file? I see 40-50 male slough entries for august.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

OP,
Excellent finding! Thank you very much for posting this information.

Kendrick 2015 entry, results under the CEM section -
1) Total 1109 girls appeared.
2) Out of 1109, 274 have passed (scored over 110)
3) 96th rank is 118.92

Those over 118 are are pretty much guaranteed a place. Wish we had the IC/OOC column in this spreadsheet - only missing piece.

ps. the data looks quite accurate as per my verification of some birth months /scores.
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Forgot to ask earlier, what are the chances of this website(track.org.uk) getting IC/OOC information from CEM/Schools? Having this data evidence may support their cause.
jamesberks

Post by jamesberks »

Have you seen http://trak.org.uk/cem ?

This seems to suggest that CEM may be weighting each question separately. Kendrick 1108 candidates but 1010 _different_ scores in Reasoning test which probably has at most 50 question. Go figure. That is of interest to anyone whose child sat the CEM tests in any of the 20 schools which used them this year as they must be weighting different questions differently. The unanswered question is how. We the ignorant masses don't know whether what CEM is doing is sensible or not because they've refused to provide the full information.

Lots of info on the OP's link which for anyone in Reading/Wokingham is an essential read.
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

cocoa0101 wrote:Strange, are you sure you are looking at the right file? I see 40-50 male slough entries for august.
I am looking at both the files under CEM,
CEM-2015-entry-results
CEM results-ANNOTATED

Yes there are lot of male under slough entries but as I mentioned before, neither my son's nor another friend's son's score is there in the list.

And now I found that another friend's daughter's score is also not there.

:(