Habs Girls Feedback - no specifics please

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SleepyHead

Habs Girls Feedback - no specifics please

Post by SleepyHead »

DD found the VR and English fine and thought the latter part of the maths paper was quite tricky. How did your DDs find today?

Last one on Friday and then it's the waiting game :?
NLMum27

Re: Habs Girls Feedback - no specifics please

Post by NLMum27 »

Hi there,
DD reports that it was "pretty easy really"
Obviously I doubt it was, so I suspect that she missed the point of much of the English. Despite being "pretty easy" overall she didn't finish the maths and said that that was difficult. Bear in mind that she always overestimates her performance and underestimates difficulty and so pretty easy probably equates to another child's description of a difficult exam. Often exams she doesn't pass are described as "very easy" - we have learned to be cautiously pessimistic!
She did say it was much easier than NLCS last week which is perhaps more useful information.
We shall see.
Last edited by NLMum27 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
southgate dad

Post by southgate dad »

My DD said VR and maths was ok but English was hard.
Watermelon

Post by Watermelon »

Likewise, my DD said the VR went well and that the maths paper was tricky. She said that one of the English passages was confusing, so she opted for the other writing activity.

Overall she enjoyed the day and liked looking around the school again; the whole experience has left her feeling very positive about the school. The older girls looking after them made them feel at ease and were very friendly. It was well-organised in as much as getting nearly 600 extra cars on and then off site can be from a parent's point of view. From the child's point of view it felt relaxed as there was plenty of time between papers. Thumbs up all round from us. :D

edited by Mod
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Can you edit this please Watermelon. backup day is not until the 20th so please do not give those students a week to practice certain tasks. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now