Channing School - 11 Plus Exam Results

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rsoni

Channing School - 11 Plus Exam Results

Post by rsoni »

Starting this topic as results mania catches fire. I am really nervous and am looking for like minded (read equally nervous) mothers to chat and eliminate 'What if..' panic attacks.

My DD just got a rejection from Channing and I am worried this might indicate similar results from other more competitive schools...:(
Does anyone know how many seats Channing has to offer? They said this year most of their 11+ seats were taken by the junior school intake:-(

Also, DD is from a state school - where the learning levels and focus are way different from prep schools. Do you know if Independent schools take that into consideration?
scary mum

Re: 11 Plus Exam Results

Post by scary mum »

Is this for independent schools? You might be better asking for it to be moved to that section. Good luck with your other schools.
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is a general for all over the country, you need to be in the private schools thread.

Email Channing and ask them if it was just one of the papers who left her down or both so you can build on this.

What preparation were you doing for the papers? It does not cost money to prepare as the past papers are all on the website. They are looking for potential so I know plenty of state schools students who are right now getting interviews for these schools. What else did you apply for and how did she feel the exam paper went? It might be an idea to have her exams script sent to some other schools so you have some backup. DG
rsoni

Post by rsoni »

I will move this to the independent school section - thanks
However, to your comment on papers online - it's not about practice really... It's about knowing concepts ..
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi rsoni

this thread has been moved to the independent section, I'll delete your duplicate post
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I completely disagree with you. Practice is everything. The Consortium papers are always exactly the same. You need to know the formula. DG
indiemom

Post by indiemom »

Agree with DG, even if the papers are different but practice definitely builds up confidence and helpful IMHO.
IM
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Channing is way more competitive this year as there is an extra form coming up from the junior school, don't lose heart, you may be in luck elsewhere. Which other schools did you apply to?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

fairyelephant is right re a school being much more competitive at 11+ if there are far more kids coming through form the junior department.
Doesn't mean tit will happen everywhere!
elevenlevel

Post by elevenlevel »

Hopefully OP you will have better news from elsewhere. Where else did she sit for a place?

Some practice is how they take on a concept surely?

When these schools assess potential with state pupils, how specifically do they look for this? Vocab used, imagination in creative writing, what about with maths?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now