Feedback on Group One consortium exam yesterday.

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Feedback on Group One consortium exam yesterday.

Post by Daogroupie »

Students I have talked to who sat at St Albans said that the comprehension was quite tough. Any other feedback? They thought it was harder than the Group Two paper. DG
SleepyHead

Re: Feedback on Group One consortium exam yesterday.

Post by SleepyHead »

DD says she can't remember much about English :? - I think that's my cue to stop asking her anything about it. This is perhaps a bit worrying?

She found maths very straightforward - nothing that she had to puzzle over.

A gentle reminder to all other replies - please do not divulge any information about the passage, questions, or maths topics covered. (I don't know if/when there will be a back up date.)

Thank you :)
Last edited by SleepyHead on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LostInTheShuffle

Post by LostInTheShuffle »

My DD found the Group 1 and Group 2 exams to be similar in difficulty. In both, she left a few maths problems unanswered but managed to finish the English section (however, as indicated in a previous post, drawing out the subtle messages has proved challenging for my DD).
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

LostInTheShuffle wrote:, drawing out the subtle messages has proved challenging for my DD).
That's certainly true for my dd too.
Leli

Post by Leli »

My DD also found the English part more difficult than the group 2 exam. She said Maths was ok but she wasn't happy with the English part
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

Opposite here. My daughter said English was fine, but that she left the last two questions in maths. She said the VR was like it always is, whatever that means! She did say she thought it was tougher than the Habs paper which surprised me greatly, I think perhaps as it was her last exam she was slightly off her game and looking forward to getting them all finished.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now