Cut-offs CRGS September 2014 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
BaffledMum

Cut-offs CRGS September 2014 intake

Post by BaffledMum »

My DS score was 343.378. He did not get an offer at CRGS on national offer day 2014, . We really wanted CRGS but when we found out that DS was nos 20 on the waiting list we accepted that it was not meant to be and counted our blessings that we got SHSB. DS started at SHSB in September and loves it there. We lived in London but relocated to Essex in September to be near school.
However last Monday 12 January I received a call from the head of CRGS offering DS a place because a child left at the end of last term. After a lot of consideration about travel and the fact that DS is settled in SHSB and doing Well. We have today rejected the offer from CRGS.
I am informed that the place will be offered to the next DS on the waiting list. So if there is anyone with scores near ours who is still hoping for a place in the current year 7...............Also this means that the cutoff for CRGS 2014 intake is going to be below 343.378 . I know the thread for the cutoffs is now locked but I have posted this in case it helps anyone as it shows that there can be considerable movement on the waiting lists.
Last edited by BaffledMum on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fausto

Re: cutoff CRGS September 2014 intake

Post by fausto »

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

A boy left my son's class in Year 7 at CRGS before Christmas. I am glad to hear another boy will get a chance, but totally understand, and agree, with your choices for your son to stay where he is.

Your post is a relief to me as DS2 is sitting the 11+ in September.
BaffledMum

Re: cutoff CRGS September 2014 intake

Post by BaffledMum »

Thanks fausto. Believe me it was a tough decision as we both loved CRGS and DS was upset for weeks when he did not get in. However as soon as I showed him the email from Mr Jenkinson he said turn it down as I am happy at SHSB and don't want to move again. I tried to change his mind but in the end thought better of it. As the awkwardness of the travel from us can only be endured by a child who really wants to go.

Do you know why the boy left?

All the best for DS2
moved

Re: Cut-offs CRGS September 2014 intake

Post by moved »

SHSB is a great school and if he wants CRGS later he can always take up a 6th form place.
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

BaffledMum wrote:My DS score was 343.378. He did not get an offer at CRGS on national offer day 2014, . We really wanted CRGS but when we found out that DS was nos 20 on the waiting list we accepted that it was not meant to be and counted our blessings that we got SHSB. DS started at SHSB in September and loves it there. We lived in London but relocated to Essex in September to be near school.
However last Monday 12 January I received a call from the head of CRGS offering DS a place because a child left at the end of last term. After a lot of consideration about travel and the fact that DS is settled in SHSB and doing Well. We have today rejected the offer from CRGS.
I am informed that the place will be offered to the next DS on the waiting list. So if there is anyone with scores near ours who is still hoping for a place in the current year 7...............Also this means that the cutoff for CRGS 2014 intake is going to be below 343.378 . I know the thread for the cutoffs is now locked but I have posted this in case it helps anyone as it shows that there can be considerable movement on the waiting lists.
Thanks for sharing BaffledMum as this certainly brings hope to many on the waiting list.

Optimisticmom
BaffledMum

Post by BaffledMum »

moved wrote:SHSB is a great school and if he wants CRGS later he can always take up a 6th form place.
You are right moved, SHSB is great and I believe that things have a way of working out for the best.
moved

Post by moved »

I will add this to the thread.