Will Redbridge include 3D cubes and nets ??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Icepop

Will Redbridge include 3D cubes and nets ??

Post by Icepop »

Hi, would someone kindly confirm if 3D cubes and nets will be in the Redbridge CEM exam this year please, and if so how many questions types will there be( are the non verbal bonds sufficient ) The eleven plus website's shop for redbridge region includes the first past the post 3D non verbal books, but I still need that confirmation!!! Hope this helps others that need this info! Thank you :D Ice pop
ToadMum

Re: Will Redbridge include 3D cubes and nets ??

Post by ToadMum »

Redbridge is a CEM exam this year, isn't it? One of the main points of which being to reduce the possibility of guessing exactly what is going to be included. You could have a look at the CEM website to see whether they state that there are any items that they will never include in an exam at this level, I suppose?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

Thank you toad mum, the reason for asking was that my dd's tutor has not covered the 3D topics at all, nor did it come up in two of the CEM mocks she did locally.( she has covered nets though) Recently she did the CEM mock in Harrow (suitable for redbridge) and it was full of cubes and nets similar to the FPTP 3D non verbal. Luckily she still managed to get 70% for the non verbal section! (Proud mum)
Because of lack of time. Needed some guidance on this.
Also the two mocks differed as the harrow mock was 30% standard, and Redbridge is 100% multiple choice. I probably missed this part when booking,but they said it is still helpful for Redbridge.
I asked her tutor about the 3D coming up and they say Maybe or maybe not. As I understand nobody knows, but as they did not cover this in depth just made me wonder.
Will check the CEM website again thankyou.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Latymer CEM didn't have any cube nets last year......
Icepop

Post by Icepop »

Thankyou 2girlsmum , it's helpful to know that the CEM exam can completely leave cubes and nets out! Thanx again for that information. Icepop
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Hi I just want to know if anyone knows how many questions is in paper 1 and how many on paper 2?
doobyub

Post by doobyub »

so was last years sitting the new CEM style exams?

Did it include 3d shapes?
TP123

Post by TP123 »

CEM will include 3d and nets. DD says she recalls a few questions coming up. (but I did have to push her to think hard as its been a long time).
moved

Post by moved »

I was teaching 3D cubes to my London kids who were taking Latymer, which is the same as Redbridge. No guarantee that they will or won't come up.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now