SPGS has issued interview invitations

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stroller

SPGS has issued interview invitations

Post by Stroller »

Almost nobody here admitted to sitting for SPGS this year, but the crowds were large at each stage so far, so there are bound to be some of you with news today.

We're through to the next hurdle. Good luck at interview to the girls who got through the exam day; I suspect the odds are still daunting. Commiserations to those who didn't have a good day with the written exam. IMHO the SPGS exams are particularly tough, so anyone who gave it their best shot should still be well-equipped for other schools. Fingers crossed!
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
NLMum27

Re: SPGS has issued interview invitations

Post by NLMum27 »

Hi Stroller,
We didn't sit for SPGS, but congratulations! Good luck to your DD for the interview.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Congrats, stroller
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Thank you - all credit to DD.

I considered whether posting was poor form, but I had mentioned that DD sat the exam and I know from PMs that lots of people follow stories even if they don't post. The absence of an update might, therefore, have been misconstrued.

We have no crystal ball, no idea whether DD will survive an interview round, but she's kept her head and enjoyed the experience so far. I'm delighted with that much, no matter where she will find herself in September. It's another of those "This too shall pass" phases that we all survived with babies. :-)
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

I don't think it's poor form. It's very helpful and reassuring to know when interview dates are sent out and whether others are still waiting. Yes, "this too shall pass" but I wish it would hurry up and be over!
Nlm

Post by Nlm »

Oh dear - we are still waiting for news - hope that's not a bad sign
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

As with the rest of their communication, it arrived hard copy on paper that Hyacinth might describe as being of "superior weight". :lol:

Perhaps it will arrive in tomorrow's post? Don't give up hope yet.

tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

As with the rest of their communication, it arrived hard copy on paper that Hyacinth might describe as being of "superior weight". :lol:
Perhaps recession hasn't reached their doors yet and are able to recover whatever the cost by increasing the fees. :wink:
Good Luck to all waiting for their postmen tomorrow.
Nlm

Post by Nlm »

Fingers crossed the postman brings good news then....!
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Congratulations to you and your DD, Stroller! Very well done!

Nim, all the best for tomorrow's post!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now