Is interview timing significant??

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Saltlake

Is interview timing significant??

Post by Saltlake »

Hi just wondering if anybody knew whether there is any significance in how early on in the interview schedule an interview is?? In other words if DC has an interview in the first few days is that a more positive sign than one in the last few days of the interview period?

Or am I just overthinking it all??

Can't wait for it all to be over.......
Ladymuck

Re: Is interview timing significant??

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

No - people often have to reschedule the interview time they are given as it may not fit in with other commitments. For example, I know one school that tries to schedule appointments by accommodating according to distance from school so that parents have time to get there! Just try and take a deep breath....!!
Tabassum101

Post by Tabassum101 »

My DS's school gives a choice of two interview dates, so that the parents and their DSs can pick the more convenient one. So, interview dates isn't significant either.
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

Ladymuck wrote:Not really - there is a list and as often as not it is done by order of registration or alphabetically etc. Schools which interview throughout the week and on Saturdays tend to put scholarship candidates in mid week. rather than on Saturday.

Hi Ladymuck, why is that re: scholarship candidates? I would have thought it made more sense to put scholarship candidates at the weekend as they would be more likely to be able to attend. Is that the same for all schools? Sorry for all the questions!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NLMum27

Post by NLMum27 »

Ah, thank you, that does make sense. I thought about it from the point of view of trying to "woo" scholarship candidates, but of course I'd forgotten about teacher availability.
AML

Post by AML »

At one of the interviews this week we noticed all the children on that day were from schools beginning with A or B...
Saltlake

Post by Saltlake »

Thanks for all the replies. Just realised that my DD is being interviewed around the same time as two classmates so looks like they also cluster according to school.
aman

Post by aman »

Clustering by school! That's interesting, might be that way as no one from our school has heard back.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now