clement danes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
el

clement danes

Post by el »

Does anybody have a child at clement danes, what do you think of it compared to others i.e ricky, watford. Also does anybody know how it compares to bucks grammars, example chesham high as think this is only one we would have a chance at getting a place. What do they do for the more able children?

Thanx

Post by Guest »

I ditto this query. Clement Danes in my neck of the woods (Hillingdon/Harrow border) has got a good reputation. Does it get good results or is it the ethos that is liked?

Post by Guest »

They have a pretty good football team.
el

Post by el »

Hi Guest,
do you have a child at this school?
moody

St Clement Danes

Post by moody »

I know of many parents who have children at Clement Danes and we regularly send children there from the school, where I teach in Year 6. Some of our staff also have children there and they all seem very happy and have achieved well. I also know of 2 members of staff there, one of whom says she won't be sending her daughter there, another found the atmosphere a little 'difficult'. It was somewhere we seriously considered for our children but did not eventually put it as a choice. I found them quite obstructive and secretive about their admissions process.
el

Post by el »

thank you moody.

Do you know why friend wouldnt choose school for her daughter? I have also heard good things from many parents, but on open evening just didnt feel right for my daughter. Not sure if this is just first time mum nerves or if I should go with gut instict. trouble is as this is closest school not sure if we would have much chance for ricky ( which I loved) or WG. Do your children go to school in hertfordshire?, do you know if its worth using a choice on a bucks grammar? what are the chances?

sorry to bombard you but sounds as if you have sound knowledge of schools in this area.

many thanx
el

Post by Guest »

We live close to Clement Danes but chose to send our daughter to Chesham High after she passed the Bucks 11+. Generally there seems to be sufficient spaces to cater for children who are just OOC to get into Chesham which my daughter loves. Have a look round and see what you think. I think it is generally more difficult to get a place at Challenors from the Chorleywood area.

Post by Guest »

thanx guest,

glad to hear your daughter is enjoying school. we will definitely be looking at chesham high. did your daughter make friends easily, do you know if there are many children from are neck of the woods there & whats the journey to school like?

thanx again

el
moody

Clement Danes

Post by moody »

We live on the Hemel side of Watford. The teacher who said she wouldn't consider it for her daughter said that that she had concerns about behaviour/places to go at break times. This was during the building work so things may have changed.

I used to teach in Chesham but didn't consider ooc places for my two. The journey wouldn't be suitable as I work full time. As I understand it, there are usually places left at Chesham High, but I believe the chances of getting a place at Dr Challoners is very slim. Not sure if I would be prepared to use one of my 3 choices up on that one.

I also had a gut feeling Clement Danes wasn't right. I spoke to one of the Deputies as I had questions about the admissions process with regard to twins. She almost pushed me away and wouldn't answer my question! My daughter desperately wanted us to put it down as a choice and I felt it was easy to be bowled over by their good facilities.
guest6

Post by guest6 »

My nephew went to Clement Danes. He enjoyed it very much even though he was bullied in Year 8/9.

I do feel they let him down badly at A level. He was a straight A student throughout and they taught him the wrong syllabus for one of his A levels and weren't even apologetic - of course it completely scuppered his university plans.

I have two nieces at Ricky - both enjoyed their time and did very well.

I have a son at CHS who is loving it - they do seem to have places spare most year.

Would agree that getting places at Challoner's is very difficult unless you live close to school - but they are good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now