QMGirls Walsall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parents

QMGirls Walsall

Post by parents »

Does anyone know the pass mark for QM Girls, or even a rough idea, my daughters DOB is March 1997, she said that the NVR was easy and she completed all of the questions whereas the VR she also completed but had to have a guess at 4 questions??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Parent
parents

Post by parents »

Anyone?????

Post by Guest »

Try the Walsall forum - not many people in Birmingham apply to QMH, although quite a few in Walsall apply to Birmingham schools.
parents

Post by parents »

Hi last post guest,

Well actually its the other way round there are so many children applying from Birmingham and passing, the reason I know this is because I live in Walsall and the 51 bus is full of birmingham children going back home at about 330/4pm.

And for the Walsall forum, I think no ones home.

Regards

Parent
moseley mum

Post by moseley mum »

Hi Parents
I'm sorry i can't help with the info you require, but i understand your frustration.
This used to be a really busy forum with lots of really helpful and useful info but maybe everyone has collapsed after the exams and is snowed under with christmas and all else.

Good luck in finding your answers .

Maybe things will start to hot up after christmas.

It would have been nice to have some feedback after exams, but after a few attempts have decided to stop for now.

Bye for now
fm

Post by fm »

I suspect that Birmingham girls do go for Walsall because it is now the only grammar school available to non-mathematical girls. That said, Walsall children, in turn, go to King Edward schools even though they have a much more difficult journey because they are seen as 'better'. Personally I believe they are all much of a muchness and how well your child does is down to personality and home environment.
fingerscrossed

Post by fingerscrossed »

I have no idea - and I'm trying to work out the same for the Birmingham Boys schools - BUT when my daughter took the QM test a couple of years ago most girls found the NVR difficult. Both papers at QM tend to be challenging in terms of completing in the time allowed. I have nothing to substantiate my view, but from speaking to other parents over the time since my daughter took the tests, I think it's reasonable to assume that 4 incorrect answers over two papers will secure a place. A March birthday is an added bonus! Good Luck. QM was my daughter's first choice Grammar. She is doing very well there, has some lovely friends, and the staff appear to work hard to ensure that the school is a very happy place in which to learn.