Chronology For Appeals & waiting list

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Shwetha

Chronology For Appeals & waiting list

Post by Shwetha »

Can anyone plz inform Chronology for appeal & can we appeal for more than 1 school .Would appealing have any negative effect on Schools waiting list ?
Etienne

Re: Chronology For Appeals & waiting list

Post by Etienne »

Shwetha wrote:Can anyone plz inform Chronology for appeal
If we're talking about year 7 entry in September, then the earliest the appeal hearings are likely to take place is the end of April.

The exact timing is up to the admission authority, but "for applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals." (The deadline for lodging appeals is usually late March.)

See: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
& can we appeal for more than 1 school .
You can appeal for as many schools as you like - provided that you applied for them and have been refused.
Would appealing have any negative effect on Schools waiting list ?
No - the two processes are separate.
Etienne
Shwetha

Post by Shwetha »

Thanks for your reply Etienne .
For instance on the offer day in March if My DS has been allotted the 3rd school from CAF . Would I be able to appeal for schools 1 & 2 combined together or do I need to make separate appeals for both of them plz advice . Thanks
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Would I be able to appeal for schools 1 & 2 combined together or do I need to make separate appeals for both of them
Usually you have to submit separate appeals.

It's in your interests to submit separate forms anyway. The academic case may well be the same (if you're appealing against non-qualification) - but reasons for wanting a place ought to be tailored to the school in question.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Shwetha

Post by Shwetha »

My DS has been offered 3rd preferred grammar school from CAF . My first and second preferred school was from two different county ie Barnet & Kent .
Can I still accept my school place and go on the waiting list of my 1st & 2nd preferred school.Hope it will not impact my DS allocated grammar school . Plz advice .
Jason Orange

Post by Jason Orange »

In many LAs you will be automatically entered on to the waiting list of any schools listed higher on the CAF than the one offered. However, rules can vary slightly with grammar schools as you may not be automatically placed on a waiting list if you have not scored highly enough. You therefore need to check with the relevant admission authority. Being on a waiting list should not affect a place you have accepted.
Shwetha

Post by Shwetha »

Thanks Jason Orange for Ur reply I have put my son on waiting lists for both schools.