mock test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
paperino

mock test

Post by paperino »

Help please!!!

Has anybody used the company k**l for mock tests? Are they useful and are the questions similar to the true ones?
guest201

Re: mock test

Post by guest201 »

My DD did a mock exam with them, I would recommend it, she found it very hard and the feedback they gave was very detailed and useful.
When she did the real exam she said it helped that she had done the mock before.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Our dd tried it 3 years ago but we didn't find the contents of the test particularly useful. The feedback was limited too.
Won't bother again.
I suppose it's horses for courses.
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Hi there

we did the mock that you mentioned. I thought that the feedback was very structured. But it is only useful if you really sit down and go through it in detail and actually focus on where your child seems to have struggled. They do charge £10 (I think) extra for detail feedback which was more useful.

dd didn't think she had many similar qns in the actual grammar school exams (We did the KE Consortium) but it helped her to get a sense of time pressure in the real exam scenario
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

My DS did the mock 2 weeks ago and we thought the report and feedback was detailed and helpful. We also paid £15 for a more detailed report which gave a breakdown of each subject and topic and whether the questions were answered correctly or not of if they weren't attempted. So it helps to now what areas we need to practise more
It was the first time they used the new style format of a multiple choice answer booklet which apparently slowed a lot of children down.
koala

Post by koala »

Two DSs took this mock nearly five years ago. They made various mistakes like confusing synonyms with antonyms, not completing pages as they hadn't realised they could turn over page etc. It was the only mock they did and in some ways if questions aren't similar to those of real exam, it doesn't matter. It gave them the feel of what exam conditions are like, helped them to understand where their weaknesses lay and the importance of reading the questions properly. We used the info to focus them on the few weeks ahead and they could see they needed to focus. They qualified for a Warks and Bham Grammar School. If I had my time again, I would do the same thing.

There are other threads you might want to read on this subject. one of them is under Bham region entitled Mock Exam dated July 2012. Shamefully I don't know how to copy a link onto here!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now