Good Luck to all the students sitting both St Albans' today!

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Good Luck to all the students sitting both St Albans' today!

Post by Daogroupie »

Good luck to everyone sitting both St Albans Girls group task and the St Albans Boys sit in on the lessons. No one to one interviews to worry about but just have a good time and make some friends. More girls are doing the Group task on Monday so please do not post what it was as it will be the same on Monday. Be active and engaged and do not be disruptive or talk when the teacher is talking! If others are shy bring them into the conversation, if others are dominant don't let them get away with it or you could leave them be and let them fail! DG
Disappointeddad

Re: Good Luck to all the students sitting both St Albans' to

Post by Disappointeddad »

Just to say dd had her group interview today at STAHS today. Without giving any details away she did the VR test and then she enjoyed participating in the group activity/interview. It was well organised and certainly my dd didn't find the experience stressful.

The Q&A session for parents presented by the Headmistress and her senior team was excellent. I would thoroughly recommend parents to attend it and ask any questions they have in their minds regarding the school. The Headmistress, although relatively new, was enthusiastic, extremely professional and had a good sense of humour in answering the questions.

Good luck
Chopsbubbly

Post by Chopsbubbly »

My son went to the class at St. Albans boys on Thursday. He said he enjoyed it and it was nice and relaxed but he did mention that about 8 boys in his class were called out for further small interviews! he said the teacher told them at the beginning of class that some boys would be called out! Anyone know why....? I suspect either borderline exam marks or maybe potential scholarships?.......
Shailee

Post by Shailee »

do they have to do vr test in st albans
Shailee

Post by Shailee »

in the interview i mean do they have to do the vr test again my dd said they vr on that day
Chopsbubbly

Post by Chopsbubbly »

At the class? No, my son did a history and geography lesson and that was it.
Disappointeddad

Post by Disappointeddad »

shailee,

The VR test was taken by girls who hadn't sat their consortium test at St Albans High School for Girls. If your dd sat the consortium test at STAHS then she would have done the VR test and she wouldn't have to do it again.
Shailee

Post by Shailee »

Thanks Disappointed Dad that relieves me .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now