One month to go......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pinkrabbit38

One month to go......

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

With one month and a few hours to go, how is everyone feeling?

Feeling hopeful for my DD1 especially after County High added an extra class.
Nikkibeak

Re: One month to go......

Post by Nikkibeak »

Very hopeful but very worried just in case lol :shock:
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

I'm looking forward to being about to give DD some concrete information. It feels like such a long time since the 11+ and the results.
She has done well, better than we could have hoped. But until Offer Day, we can't assume anything so all conversations about secondary schools are hedged about with caveats.
It is also hard as many of her classmates are under the impression that they will going to their first choice local secondaries (even though they can't all be 100% sure yet and I suspect there might be some upsets due to awful Ofsted reports changing people's preferences), so they are chatting as though it is all a done deal and DD can only repeat the fact that nothing is certain.
Mum1981

Post by Mum1981 »

Having spent the last couple of months preparing my DD for the fact that she's (almost definitely with a score of 103.7) missed out on a place at CCHS we're now back in slight uncertainty with the extra intake.
Thankfully she's happy with both her other choices but I am rather envious of those who either have siblings at their non selective school or a 'safe' 11+ score right now!
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

It has been a long wait... My DD is the only one from her school to take 11+ and it is difficult for her to talk about secondary school as all her friends are going to the same school and there are lots of discussion taking place in the playground .. she is sticking with wanting to go to Colchester and we are hopeful her score will get her an offer ... we are just skipping round the issue at the moment as there are no certainties. :? :? :?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

3 weeks to go......
meerme

Post by meerme »

Mum1981 wrote:... but I am rather envious of those who either have siblings at their non selective school or a 'safe' 11+ score right now!
Our first preference is home education; to us that's far superior to any grammar school (and DD has siblings in HE including one just 18 months older than her doing a few GCSEs this year). But she's determined to try grammar school for a bit! So our entire family life is now going to be ruled by school timings, school days and school terms. That's a big change for us. No more impromptu trips into London, no more enjoying Adventure Island and the like without the crowds, no more deciding when in the week we're having our weekend, no more going on holiday during the cheap rates .... :(

And she's going to have to learn subjects the school decides for her (mostly), and follow that ridiculous and highly limited National Curriculum, and do exams when the school tells her to do exams...

A "safe" score is not always a good thing I suppose. We have mild regrets now that we let DD take the 11+. :( I wish I could give you her place.
annam2013

Post by annam2013 »

Can't believe, only 2 weeks to go now... :shock:
Elsiemay

Post by Elsiemay »

I'll be very glad to know (either way) what the outcome is. It's been a long wait...
Nikkibeak

Post by Nikkibeak »

I can't wait for the whole process to be over either. To just know and be able to chill after all this time will be such a relief :mrgreen:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now