PS4 or Xbox

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sbarnes

PS4 or Xbox

Post by sbarnes »

PS4 has been out for a while and so has the other one; in one word please, PS4 or Xbox? Am about to buy our first games console for little Johnny
KB

Re: PS4 or Xbox

Post by KB »

The one most of his friends / best friends have?
Depending on age, have you asked him?
I bought one as a family present a few years back and while the children would have been grateful they would have been disappointed with the 'wrong' one.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I agree - the most fun is when they can play games with friends over the internet link.

Aren't you concerned it will detract from his studies?
Amber

Post by Amber »

You sure he actually wants one? No one here ever has and once when I asked tentatively (in case they felt they were missing out) I was met with a derisory 'no thanks' in that teenage-outraged-lip-up way which made me feel as if I'd asked them to wear a thermal vest or buy a foldable mac to keep in their school bag.
KB

Post by KB »

Amber- you are a parent, of course anything you suggest will be ridiculous :)

Indeed, mine weren't bothered while at school. Now tends to be used as mindless chill out time to forget stress for an hour or 'bonding' time when everyone is shattered. I'm sure such time should be spent playing scrabble or in deep conversation but sometimes the mind has just had enough!
Last edited by KB on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

We bought the Xbox 360 this year because all of ds's friends have that and they can play together. I think we would have gone for the PS4 if that was what his friends had...
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

We have a X box - it was used quite a lot initially over the internet. However this seems to have died off with occasional bursts. I suspect due to the fact that their friends have moved onto a new console which isn't compatible. Or something. The main thing my youngest does is Minecraft on his PC. And watches other people playing it on you tube, which I find a bit weird.
scary mum
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

My youngest does that too :?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Ours has had an Xbox for years, I don't think it ever gets switched on now. I can't remember the last time we were asked to buy a game for it.

But don't get me started on the utter pointlessness of watching Youtube videos of other people playing games you don't even own :twisted:
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

We have an Xbox, hardly ever used same with the Wii. It's the PC which gets used the most, especially by DS to play minecraft. He also watches YouTube videos and gets upset if you interrupt him watching them, he also makes his own videos with his own channel.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now