Offers date?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
cewgirl

Offers date?

Post by cewgirl »

Hi All. Having a funny five minutes. Completely forgotten Offers date in March. Can anyone help please?!!
ToadMum

Re: Offers date?

Post by ToadMum »

Monday 2nd :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Oh rats, I had the 1st in my head :( . Still, what's one more day when we've been waiting months?!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Actually, you weren't wrong, in that it is officially March 1st - except this year the 'or the next working day thereafter' bit comes into operation because the 1st is a Sunday.

DS1 and DS2 are 6 academic years apart, for the first, March 1st was a Saturday, which meant that it was for the other as well. In between,for DD it was midweek - but a leap year :evil: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Ah, not as mad as I though then really.

What is the point of Leap Years anyway? I work with someone who was born 29 February and is therefore 11! I've told him that I will try and help him pass his 11+ to which he said that it was pointless as he wouldn't pass it anyway :lol:
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

You can always stay up late on the Sunday - a bit rotten when the next morning is a Monday. The offers came through at 00:51 via email (I kept ours for posterity!). I slept (or didn't) with the ipad by my bed but had promised DD we would check together in the morning (very hard to wait but I managed it!). Good Luck :D
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks for that.

We did the same when the results were emailed through. It was only a few hours wait, but it was torture!
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

If I log in to https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.u ... line_live/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then I can see our application - DD's details, our list of preferred schools in order, a reassuring green tick that tells me we submitted the application all right, and a thing that says "School Place Offer will be published here on 02/03/2015". I think (although I'm by no means sure) that logging in there will mean that we can all see our offers at 00:01 on Monday 2nd, without having to wait for their email system to send all the individual emails out to everybody. Well, that's unless so many of us log in at once that we bring the system down. :lol:
fairyjasmine

Post by fairyjasmine »

I hope they'll go live at 00.01! I don't see how I'm going to get a wink of sleep that night... I just want to know now. I did half wonder about taking the Monday off as annual leave! Am I right in thinking that the results were published early a few years ago?
cazien

Post by cazien »

I received my twin DS's school allocation on March 3 2012 at 07:36 and 07:54 - so think twice about staying up or you could be in for a VERY long wait.