Guidance and information required

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

payel123

Guidance and information required

Post by payel123 »

Hi all,i have a confusion and would be grateful if someone can throw some light.As per Wikipedia,St.JosePh's college ,Stoke on trent is listed as a state maintained Grammar school.However I dont see its name in this forum hence I am perplexed.is wikipedia i formation incorrect?Pls can someone let me know,as based on this I would be taking a decision regarding my choice of grammar school.thanks in advance
DC17C

Re: Guidance and information required

Post by DC17C »

http://stjosephstrentvale.com/about-the ... dmissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears to have an entrance test and faith requirements so appears to be a catholic grammar school....
Last edited by DC17C on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

certainly looks like one on its own. quite complicated oversubsciption criteria :? - must have more of a read later!
mystery

Post by mystery »

The gist of seems to be that you have to pass the test (but it might be a pretty low standard to pass) and then if they are oversubscribed the decision is made on a faith basis and inner area / outer basis area (rather than distance to home address or score).

What are the results like? It looks to me as though it would be like a Catholic comprehensive with the bottom sets missing.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now