Highgate 11+- Any Results?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shootmenow

Highgate 11+- Any Results?

Post by shootmenow »

Posting for a friend who is getting anxious.
bushhillmum

Re: Highgate 11+- Any Results?

Post by bushhillmum »

They did say they'd post today first class. So should be in tomorrow's post. Nothing received, yet.
shootmenow

Post by shootmenow »

Thanks. She lost the info paper they handed out and is now in a tizz.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I know of two students waiting for this result so I will post when I hear. I think we will hear about most of the boys and mixed gender schools tomorrow. Habs and St Albans are the big ones. DG
bushhillmum

Post by bushhillmum »

Nice fat envelope from Highgate. Offer received. Good luck to everyone.
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

Skinny envelope for us but he got the other two he tried for so we're happy. I'm not sure Highgate would have been right for him but would have been very difficult to turn down as it might be right for one of younger siblings.

Congratulations to those that had good news. I was really impressed by the school during this process and seems like a fantastically lively atmosphere.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

Mrs Chips that's such a shame but well done to your DS for getting City, and the other place! I'm delighted for you. :D Its such a nerve wracking process, but it does have a funny way of turning out for the best, as you say, Highgate may not have suited your DS. Wishing him every success at wherever you choose, have you decided yet?
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

I've heard that Highgate have done a good job of keeping in touch with girls this week who will already be holding offers from the consortium and Habs etc. Any DDs who were hanging out for Highgate, or does timing the offers with the boys schools put them at a disadvantage?
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

Hello Fairy, thanks so much. I am really pleased as I couldn't bear any more indecision and this makes our life a bit easier and we knew we could make a genuinely strong case for any of the three we applied for. I really loved Highgate, but I think this process has shown me that my son is quite delicate and easily squashed so maybe a smaller school would suit him more. Who knows? I do know that he's done very well to get as far as he did.
bushhillmum

Post by bushhillmum »

I'm glad you have other two options, MrsChips. And you DS will be happier elsewhere.

I too was very impressed with Highgate's process and it is with deep regret that we will be turning it down for DD. Last week, they kept in touch saying we'd get results this week as they were aware girls' results were mostly out then.

Fairyelephant, I think it puts them at a disadvantage for the girls. My daughter's mind was made up when Habs offer came through the door :D We'd even worked out the daily route to school!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now