Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

St Albans boys, anyone got a yes yet?

Post by Daogroupie »

Anyone got a yes from St Albans boys yet? DG
leanmeamum

Re: St Albans boys, anyone got a yes yet?

Post by leanmeamum »

Heard of 1 scholarship offer this morning
Chopsbubbly

Post by Chopsbubbly »

We are on the waiting list... I emailed to ask if there was a chance we could find out rank order but they said there is no rank order and that the head will just look at those on the waiting list when offers have been accepted or rejected. The letter said there's a good chance of a place but I'm fed up now with more waiting and trying to keep my son calm!!!
elevenlevel

Post by elevenlevel »

Chops - good luck and make it really obvious you will accept the place if offered.
Jean.Brodie

Post by Jean.Brodie »

A family we know just received a St Albans Boys offer. Likely to turn it down.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That will be good for those on the reserve list. I know of two scholarships offers, one will be turned down for QE, one will be turned down for Habs and one offer which will be turned down for DAO if waiting list makes a good drop this year and one on the reserve list. So much movement will happen next Monday if pass mark on allocation day goes down far enough. Still waiting to hear from others who are away for half term. DG
Chopsbubbly

Post by Chopsbubbly »

This information has been really helpful, I know there will be a good amount of offers declined but no idea how many boys they usually send an offer to and how many are on the reserve list??? Does anyone have any idea?
Hopeful55

Post by Hopeful55 »

My son got a firm offer from St Albans and st columbas college. We will be taking St. Albans offer, son very pleased to get in. All the hard work has paid and good luck to all the other boys. Didn't get HABS, city, but St. Albans was our first choice.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

2 places will be freed up for QE, DAO, Latymer and St. Albans in favour of Habs so people on waiting lists for these schools will have movement on waiting lists
Smlz

Post by Smlz »

Hi have just came back from holidays to discover letters with offers from StABs/ MT/ Habs. We are very proud of our oldest DS! We are deciding between StABs and Habs. It looks like it will be Habs... Very difficult decision both are great schools. Also we know about 4 other boys from DS prep turning down StABs to take MT or Habs.