Offers day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pinkrabbit38

Offers day

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Do primary schools find out in advance which schools their year 6's have been allocated?
mumof2girls

Re: Offers day

Post by mumof2girls »

No I don't think they don't find out in advance. When you filled out the application you would have ticked a box to say whether you wanted the primary school to be informed or not, so they will only know if you ticked/unticked the relevant box (can't remember which way round it was). I should imagine they find out on the Monday - last year my email came through just after midnight on the Sunday, going through it again this year so hoping it's as quick! Good luck!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mumof2girls wrote:No I don't think they don't find out in advance. When you filled out the application you would have ticked a box to say whether you wanted the primary school to be informed or not, so they will only know if you ticked/unticked the relevant box (can't remember which way round it was). I should imagine they find out on the Monday - last year my email came through just after midnight on the Sunday, going through it again this year so hoping it's as quick! Good luck!
I think you are confusing the 11+ results - you tick a box on the CSSE application to indicate that they should not let your primary school know your child's result?

The secondary school is allocated by the Local Authority. Our youngest is in year 7 so our Southend info booklet is a year out of date - I can't see anything about whether or when in advance the primary school is told, but this seems to be the case in other areas. We didn't have any option on the online application of saying that the primary school shouldn't be told as far as I can recall but I wouldn't have seen any reason to have the info withheld anyway.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mumof2girls

Post by mumof2girls »

Oh sorry I got completely carried away there and confused about the ticking of the box - yes that was whether school could be informed of 11+ results! DOH! It's been a long day...

But I still don't think the school find out anything in advance of parents do they? I am sure the school get a list of who is going where but not before parents know (at midnight-ish).

I obviously need to go home - been at work too long today and brain is frazzled!
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

I just wondered because of something our head teacher said yesterday. She didn't give anything away obviously but just sounded like we would be celebrating on Monday.
KB

Post by KB »

It seems unlikely they would have seen it this early?
Maybe it was because your DC has a 'safe' score?
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

KB wrote:It seems unlikely they would have seen it this early?
Maybe it was because your DC has a 'safe' score?
Hardly that early, we find out on Sunday at midnight?!? I know primary schools already have preliminary lists for their Reception classes and it's a few months until we find out about that.
KB

Post by KB »

Yes, I meant in the sense of they might get them on Friday if the computer system works that way, or on Monday ( before some parents).
I would be suprised if they got them much sooner than that as there would surely have been more leaks over the years.
mumof2girls

Post by mumof2girls »

Do you really think so? I am not happy about the fact that they might know a whole weekend before us!
KB

Post by KB »

I don't know anything :)
I'm just guessing that it is possible they might get something through on computer from LEA on the Friday ( in this case today) if that's how the computer system is set up but that I'd be surprised if the information was released any sooner. There are so many parents who are teachers etc that if the information was released any earlier there would surely be issues with leaks?

In the past ( pre computerisation) I'm pretty sure the schools knew on the Friday whereas parents received the letter on the Saturday.

Given it is now computerised the most likely thing would seem to be that the schools need to have the lists on the Monday before the start of the school day - so maybe they are sent out earlier 'just in case' of hitches?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now