One week to go......

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pinkrabbit38

One week to go......

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

How are people feeling with only one week to go until the moment of truth?
lastminutepanic

Re: One week to go......

Post by lastminutepanic »

With an 'in-between' score, I am getting v nervous :|

Think not high enough for CRGS, and then not sure if will meet the grade for OOC place in Southend. I suspect we will be left on the waiting list.......but we are incredibly lucky to have indie offers/scholarships.

I'm sure I will be an all nighter on Sunday with my glass of wine.

Good luck to everyone & see you here on Sunday/Monday..... :wink:
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

lastminutepanic wrote:With an 'in-between' score, I am getting v nervous :|

Think not high enough for CRGS, and then not sure if will meet the grade for OOC place in Southend. I suspect we will be left on the waiting list.......but we are incredibly lucky to have indie offers/scholarships.

I'm sure I will be an all nighter on Sunday with my glass of wine.

Good luck to everyone & see you here on Sunday/Monday..... :wink:
What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.
lastminutepanic

What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.[/quote]

Good to hear your son is enjoying himself and that the journey from Chelmsford is not onerous :)

I know there is rumour that the boys have not scored as highly (and no surprise it was the English which let him down), but with 333 I think we will just miss out :(

I have read that Southend added classes last year - how many boys are in each class? Also was Southend your 1st choice or Westcliffe, and does it even make a difference?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and good to have someone on the forum who has been through the pocess!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

SHSB didn't add a class last year; they still have six forms in the year but the class size in year 7 is 30 rather than 25 for years 8 - 11. (Westcliff girls' added an extra class - the class size at both the Westcliff schools is 31 anyway).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

lastminutepanic wrote:What is your 11+ score if you don't mind me asking? My son is in year 7 at Southend OoC, he got in off the waiting list last year. He loves it and doesn't mind the journey from Chelmsford each day.
Good to hear your son is enjoying himself and that the journey from Chelmsford is not onerous :)

I know there is rumour that the boys have not scored as highly (and no surprise it was the English which let him down), but with 333 I think we will just miss out :(

I have read that Southend added classes last year - how many boys are in each class? Also was Southend your 1st choice or Westcliffe, and does it even make a difference?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and good to have someone on the forum who has been through the pocess![/quote]

My son scored 332.9!! We put SHSB first as he loved it when we looked around. Yes class sizes in year 7 are now 30 but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. With the extra class being added at KEGs and CRGS, I think your chance of getting a grammar school place is quite good.
lastminutepanic

Thanks pink rabbit…..you give me hope :D
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

Really nervous!

Just hoping I will get one of my 6 preferences! It would be great if we get one of our top 3 grammars preferences of course....most likely to be on the waiting list until end of August....sigh.... :|

4 more days....eeeks!
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

Stressed.mum wrote:Really nervous!

Just hoping I will get one of my 6 preferences! It would be great if we get one of our top 3 grammars preferences of course....most likely to be on the waiting list until end of August....sigh.... :|

4 more days....eeeks!
Stressed.mum, why do you think you won't get one of your 6 preferences? is that possible? now I'm getting worried...
Stressed.mum

Post by Stressed.mum »

optimisticmom wrote:
Stressed.mum wrote:Really nervous!

4 more days....eeeks!
Stressed.mum, why do you think you won't get one of your 6 preferences? is that possible? now I'm getting worried...
We have a borderline score for colchs, not sure if it is enough for ooc shsg/ whsg....and finally local school would be quite full with children from primary feeder schools....sigh.....so there's my worries....