Offer arrived early

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Vicster

Offer arrived early

Post by Vicster »

We have just received our offer in the post (well an hour ago actually). I am so proud to say that my son has been offered an out of catchment place at Alty. I was not expecting to find out until 00.01am on the 1st March.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting on news.
AGSB old boy

Re: Offer arrived early

Post by AGSB old boy »

Congratulations! So pleased for you. The horrible wait is over..
We're also out of catchment and anxiously waiting for news - I hope you don't mind, but can I ask what score your DS got?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It makes a joke of having a 'national' offer day when some people won't hear until Tuesday!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Vicster - congrats on the news!!!!

which LEA are you in?
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

We are in Stockport and I agree that it makes a joke of having a national offer day. The results are not online yet, so it would seem the post has accidentally been sent early. The same thing did happen last year with lots of offers being released prior to national offer day (which is why I think they moved it a day to make it a weekday this year, but it still hasn't worked).
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Perhaps national offer day should be the last Friday in February or the first Friday in March if the month begins on a Friday?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

The same sort of thing happened last year. Certainly DDs school sent out letters second post on the Friday (intending for them to arrive on Monday), but some got their letters on the Saturday. They have done the same this year too.

If the 1st March is at the weekend, then either the NAD should be the Friday before (as G55 suggests), or schools that send out letters should hold back if there's any chance that letters will arrive early.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

We've had our letter too. Pleased and relieved to say that my ds has been offered a place at AGSB. Seems there has been a hiccup at Stockport as the letter is dated 2nd March! Not complaining though as can have a good night's sleep!
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

have they said what the OOC score is?
Vicster

Post by Vicster »

It's just a standard letter stating that your child has been allocated your preferred choice of Altrincham grammar school, it doesn't say what the qualifying OOC score is.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now