Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
charee123

Post by charee123 »

Anyone preparing for 2016. Am new to 11+. How are you preparing. Any tips and/or advice! Thank you ***
emmajane1

Re: test dates for 2016entry

Post by emmajane1 »

Medway Test Date
The Medway Test is for admission to Medway
grammar schools only.
For grammar schools in another Local Authority,
children must sit that local authority’s test.
Tuesday 15 / Wednesday 16 September
(in schools for children in Medway
primary/junior schools)
Saturday 19 September 2015
(in school for Medway school that opt for
Saturday testing and in test centres for
children not in Medway primary/junior
schools)
Assessment Decision Letters posted to
parents/carers (e-mails sent after 4pm to those
that registered online)
Friday 2 October 2015
Deadline for receipt of Medway Test Review
requests
Friday 9 October 2015
Deadline for primary and junior schools to
submit review work to the Council
Tuesday 13 October 2015
(10am)
Medway Test Reviews Between Wednesday 14 and Friday 16
October 2015
Review decisions posted to parents/carers By Friday 23 October 2015
Closing date for secondary and UTC
applications (Online and SCAFs) – National
Closing Date
Monday 2 November 2015
(31 October 2015 is a Saturday, therefore
next working day)
First Inter-LA data exchange undertaken From Monday 30 November 20
emmajane1

Re: 2016

Post by emmajane1 »

Just a shade over 6 months until current yr 5 sit the Medway Test.

Those interested in Fort Pitt may want to check out changes to admission arrangements. Also worth knowing is that the head retires in July. My eldest is about to leave Fort Pitt but am unsure where to send the yr5 girl (assuming all goes well in the test.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

emmajane1 wrote:Just a shade over 6 months until current yr 5 sit the Medway Test.

Those interested in Fort Pitt may want to check out changes to admission arrangements. Also worth knowing is that the head retires in July. My eldest is about to leave Fort Pitt but am unsure where to send the yr5 girl (assuming all goes well in the test.
That's interesting info.
What changes are they making to admissions? And have they appointed a new head yet?
What are your thoughts about the school seeing that the head is leaving.
My daughter had a look around maidstone grammar and loved it but I wanted a local school as I have younger children. That's all depends on passing over course.
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

I don't think they have appointed yet. Existing head was an internal promotion when the previous head became an executive principal. I believe some good changes have been made in lower years but was concerned at the recent yr 11 parents' eve to have my daughter praised fulsomely by several teachers for paying attention in class. Surely that should be the norm?

Having said that she is doing well and I have heard positive things about the pastoral care system from other parents.

Admission changes don't affect us as we live very close to the school but they have prioritised siblings (which won't apply to us as my eldest is not staying for VI form) certain rural areas because it is one of the most accessible schools for those places. It affects those further out but not living in the priority areas - all details are on the school website.

We are torn (hoping the youngest passes obviously) between the positives we know of FP and it being our nearest school and the growing gulf between the academic results achieved compared to RGS. Is it better the devil you know than the unknown though? although with a new head FP will obviously also be unknown in many ways too.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Thanks for info again.
My daughter like mgs but I'm concerned on distance and travelling time.
I suppose we will have to wait and c if they pass first then worry about which school.
Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now