How is everyone else feeling about Monday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressed?Moi?

How is everyone else feeling about Monday?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Have to admit that I had put the schools offer date to the back of my mind for months (surfacing only for the results date thread). I'm sat here now though starting to get a bit fidgety about it which is annoying me. No-one else in the family seems to be showing signs of anxiety. I've spoken to other parents who are getting a bit apprehensive now and some whose dc's are really worrying; one isn't sleeping and two are off their food. I'm not mentioning it as my ds seems blissfully unaware, although right from the start, he hasn't cared one bit about where he goes so it doesn't surprise me! DH is involved in a massive project at work so isn't thinking or talking about anything else, and dd just wants ds to be happy. So I'm just wondering how everyone else is. Yes I know there's nothing we can do about anything now so what's the point in worrying, but still.............
Weaver

Re: How is everyone else feeling about Monday?

Post by Weaver »

Now it's so close I just want the confirmation. We know DS should be ok in getting the school he and we want, but just I want to see the words written down! He has no idea when we'll find out, and I haven't mentioned it :)
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

DD knows it's Monday, but she's not worried because she knows she's within the PAN at HSFG, her first choice. She has a friend who's within the PAN at HSFG but twilight for Pate's, though, so she's keen to find out whether they'll be going together or not. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to seeing it in print, and also I'd quite like to move forward and start on bus pass applications and all that.

A friend of mine whose kids are at a different primary from mine tells me that the GS kids at her DD's primary have been getting picked on. I commented that if that's going on already it will probably only get worse after Monday when people actually know where they're going. V sad for them. :( Glad to say my DD's school doesn't seem to have any of that going on, though, or not that she's told me about.
MountainDweller

Post by MountainDweller »

Is it bad that it's all I've been thinking of for the last month? :oops: :shock:

DS isn't in PAN however looking at past years he should be fine....but there's still that niggling doubt....what if it's an odd allocation year...what if the people allocating places mess it up....what if we have to go to appeal....

I just want to be able to say which school he is going to, and to start preparing DS. :? :roll:
techiedad

Post by techiedad »

Looks like it might be worth staying up: "All SecondaryTransfer online applicants may view their allocation via the on-line system 00.01 on 2nd March 2015"

From the School Admissions website:
https://emsonline.gloucestershire.gov.u ... line_live/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scaredycat

Post by scaredycat »

00.51 for last years email, we are in the very first bit of the alphabet too. We didn't stay up because DD wanted to check the email together, can't say that I actually slept much even though we knew what we were going to get. It does seem a bit strange once it's all over as there is a bit of a lull before transfer day etc!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

"A friend of mine whose kids are at a different primary from mine tells me that the GS kids at her DD's primary have been getting picked on. I commented that if that's going on already it will probably only get worse after Monday when people actually know where they're going. V sad for them. :( Glad to say my DD's school doesn't seem to have any of that going on, though, or not that she's told me about."

Do be prepared for this - it happened to each of my children when the results came out. I don't think the children concerned actually meant to be nasty - it's just that some are envious, obviously, but also there is a certain amount of readjustment of friendship groups when they realise who is going where. It didn't last more than a few days. Good luck all of you (from miles away here in Surrey/West London!)
Amber

Post by Amber »

I have to say that we didn't have anything like that at all. The whole thing was deeply underwhelming and I don't think it attracted much discussion at all. My son knew it was a time to be sensitive and not go in bragging (not that he would have, but I did spell it out) and I don't think much was said on either side. We had stressed the idea that it was a lottery, that many don't get the chance, that a lot of it is luck on the day, etc, which I think helped.

The only issue we encountered was some years earlier when one of the GS successes chose to show off and become unpleasant to the lesser mortals. I think as long as parents are sensitive then children will be too - at that age that is where the cues come from.
cazien

Post by cazien »

:D Would like to wish everyone luck for tonight/tomorrow morning - hope you/your DC's are happy with your allocation.
DebsB

Post by DebsB »

Only another 20 minutes or so to wait now...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now