Good Luck Everyone

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Caro

Good Luck Everyone

Post by Caro »

Good luck everyone - hope your DC all get the school they would like and that they will be happy with the allocations.
Ess30

Re: Good Luck Everyone

Post by Ess30 »

What counties send applicants to SW Herts schools? Presumably they might give an early indication if thresholds are rising or falling. I wish they'd release a general statement (eg about Bushey Meads band cut offs) even if the main results have to be issued in the evening.
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

Only a few hours to go!!
It's very quiet here...

Good luck everyone
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

It is going to be a long day!
Ess30

Post by Ess30 »

http://m.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/118 ... fordshire/

Watford Observer today says 400 more applicants than last year; 95% ranked allocation; 78% first choice.
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

Promising stats Ess30.

Don't know why I keep checking my emails every 5 mins! Need to find something to distract me. Washing machine is broken so maybe handwashing my clothes will keep me busy for a while...
Ess30

Post by Ess30 »

I might have possibly spent the whole weekend on a totally harebrained landscaping project.

I can barely nurture a cactus - so I suspect my efforts will be a muddy monument to my troubled state of mind pre-allocation day.

On the bright side - it kept me busy - and now I have the distraction of clenaing up inch deep mud-drifts from the entire ground floor where (DH) the kids trailed it into the house. Maybe I should add it to the 'tips' thread!
1Watford

Post by 1Watford »

haha! I once persuaded my husband that we could terrace our sloped garden by hand. We ended up with two flat garden areas one 5ft higher than the other. It took *months*. Goodness knows why it didn't occur to us to hire a digger - we used a pick axe and shovels! Then, just as it was finished DH got a job in London and we moved 150 miles south so never got to enjoy the fruits of our labour.
Ess30

Post by Ess30 »

DH might have said words to the effect of 'can't we just pay someone to do this' - but I promoted to self-actualisation benefits of doing it as a family project.

It indeed looks glorious mud pit now. I wonder if DD is old enough for a 'Glastonbury' themed party...?
rosegarden

Post by rosegarden »

Also have my home email open on my work computer for no reason. Can't concentrate.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now